Monster

Chloe waked into the precinct for work. It was Monday and she didn't really want to be there, although she was rather looking forward to seeing Lucifer.  She'd gone out for a week long vacation with Ella and hadn't seen him since Monday the previous week. But instead of finding her boyfriend waiting at her desk, she found a demon. 

"Morning Decker." Maze greeted, boredom coloring her tone. 

"Um, good morning. What are you doing here?" Maze sighed, 

"It's Lucifer." Chloe's eyebrows shot up, 

"Is he okay? What's going on?" Maze shrugged, 

"He's probably fine, I mean he's invulnerable." Chloe took a deep breath, trying to keep her calm, 

"Maze, what's going on?" 

"He locked himself in his penthouse after you left and hasn't been out since." Chloe nodded and turned around, starting to walk out of the precinct. Maze grabbed her arm, stopping her. 

"Lucifer has been through a lot of stuff you don't know about, just...be gentle." Maze shook her head as if clearing it. She let go of Chloe and pitched her voice forward, 

"See ya later, Decker." Chloe didn't press Maze for information. She was concerned. Whatever was happening, Maze hadn't immediately responded with violence. That meant it was serious. Whatever was going on, Chloe was on her way to find out. 

____

Lucifer sat on his bar. Normally he wouldn't act like such a barbarian, but he didn't care. Dust floated in the air around him as he downed another glass of whiskey. He rolled his eyes at the now empty glass and chucked it at the wall. It shattered. He'd punched through his antique acarian walls, hence the dust. His bed was unmade, his couch was flipped and split in half. His TV lay on the floor in two pieces and books and broken knick knacks littered the floor around it. The balcony doors were shut for the first time since he'd bought the place and all the curtains were drawn, leaving him almost darkness. He heard the elevator open and began to rise towards him and rolled his eyes, expecting Maze to try and break down the door again. He hopped off the counter and grabbed a bottle of whiskey. He held it by it's neck and took a swig. There was a ding as the elevator reached the top and met the re enforced steel doors he'd locked in front of it.

____

Chloe wasn't sure how Lucifer had done it, but it seemed he'd locked the top floor elevator door. She raised her fist to knock, when Lucifer's voice rang through the apartment. 

A muffled "Bloody hell," made it's  way to her ears. She knocked softly on the door. It was silent on the other side. 

"Lucifer?" She asked, hoping he would let her in. Nothing. 

"Lucifer, what's going on? Are you okay?" 

"Detective, you should go." Chloe was a bit taken aback, 

"Why? What's going on?" 

"Nothing, go back to work, Detective." Chloe sighed, 

"Lucifer, is everything okay?" 

"It's fine. Don't worry about me." Chloe placed her hand flat against the door, 

"Lucifer?" Suddenly the elevator lurched, taking her back down. 

____

He hated pushing her away, but he couldn't loose her. Not her too. Lucifer knew deep down that she would come to her senses and leave him eventually, but not now. If Chloe saw just how broken he was, she would leave him. She would realize that he's a burden on the world, pulling everyone he loved down, pulling her down. He was an unnecessary burden that no one else disserved it carry. The problem was, Lucifer was selfish. He knew he should but he couldn't leave her. She was everything to him, he had to figure out how to be strong for  her.