I don't know what to call this

Chloe was worried. She hadn't seen Lucifer in a few days. Sometimes he disappeared for a day or so, but never longer without texting or calling. Especially now that they were dating. She was always expecting him to show up. At crimes scenes, at the precinct, even at her apartment, but he hadn't. Chloe signed the last bit of paperwork and grabbed her keys. She was done with the games. 

Lucifer saw her silver Charger park in front of his club and sighed. Chloe never let him disappear for more than a day. If he was honest, all he really wanted. All he really desired was her. Yet he had spent the last few days here instead of with her. Of course, that was partially due to the three broken ribs and the black eye that his lovely sister Remiel had given him, but if he was honest with himself he was avoiding her. The elevator dinged and he heard Chloes sensible brown shoes ring out as she crossed the marble floor. 

With considerable effort he stood straight, using one arm to brace against the balcony. He tried to suppress the excruciating pain but a small gasp escaped. He turned and forced a smile, 

"Hello Detective," her eyebrows were furrowed and her cheeks slightly flushed as she approached him,  

"Uh huh, where have you been." She sounded far away, like she was thinking really hard about something. Lucifer smirked, 

"Here mostly. I had some business to take care of." Chloe blinked at him, she brought her hand to his face and turned it to look better at the black and purple ring around his eye, 

"Lucifer, what happened?" 

"Just a little sibling drama, nothing to worry about." Nodding, Chloe moved to give him a small kiss, 

"C'mon, let's drink." She turned and walked towards the bar. Lucifer moved as soon as her back was turned, using the glass wall then the couch to make it to the bar. It hurt more now that his accelerated healing had kicked off due to Chloe's presence. When she turned to face him, he stopped walking. 

"I apologize for missing work today. Did we get a case?" Chloe nodded, 

"Mhm, what's going on with you?" He raised an eyebrow at her, 

"Lucifer, you disappear for three days. I find you here with a black eye and a fake smile. What are you not telling me?" 

"It's nothing. How about those drinks?" He pushed himself off the back of the couch and as smoothly as he could walked to the bar. 

"Are you hurt?" Lucifer rolled his eyes. She was way too good at reading him.

"Just a few broken ribs. No big deal." This sent Chloe off on a 'you need to go to the hospital' rant. 

"Lucifer, broken ribs aren't 'no big deal'! You have to go to the hospital, what if the none chips and stabs your lung? You cant just ignore serious injuries!" 

"I'm the devil, Detective. It'll heal on its own." Chloe wasn't ready to give in, but he had that look about him so instead she tried to help him to the couch. He refused to put any of his weight on her, which made her want to punch him but punching a guy, devil or not, with broken ribs wasn't a great idea. Instead she got him a drink. 

Lucifer took the cup and smiled at her, hoping they could watch a movie or order dinner, something that wasn't talking about the three days he'd disappeared for or the injuries his lovely sister gave him. 

"So when did your sister beat the crap out of you?" Lucifer scoffed, 

"You forget, I won that fight." 

"Fine, but when?" Lucifer cleared his throat

"Earlier today." Chloe nodded, processing, 

"So then, where were you all weekend." Lucifer really didn't want to answer her. It wasn't like he could walk away or so he settled for evasion 

"I told you, detective. I was here." 

"Uh huh, but why?" Lucifer bit his lip, trying to think of what to say since the truth was not an option, 

"I just had some stuff to work through, that's all." 

"Stuff?" Chloe could tell he was pushing down some sort of emotion. She wished he would just talk to her. 

"I'm fine, love. It's nothing." 

Chloe shook her head. "Please, Lucifer. Stop saying that you're fine and be angry, or be sad, or I don't know, punch a wall. Do what you need to do to feel your feelings because if you keep bottling up you're going to explode. Not the fun kind of explode, the kind of explode that does damage that can never be undone." 

Lucifer considered this, "Okay." 

Chloe stared at him is disbelief, "Okay, what?" 

"Okay, I'll feel my feelings. I'll tell you what's wrong." Chloe nodded, relived and went to sit next to him, 

"Would you hand me that drink there, love?" She handed him the whiskey and he leaned back on the couch, taking a sip. 

"Sunday, millions of years ago, was the day I became the devil." Chloe looked at him, waiting for more. 

"I crawled out of the hell fire and sat on that throne and I became the king of hell. I became Lucifer. For millions of years, I thought that was the biggest mistake of my life, accepting my role in all of this." 

"Not anymore," Chloe asked, confused as to why he was using past tense, 

"No. If I did not become Lucifer I would not have you. You're worth all of it." She didn't need him to explain what all of it meant. She simply drew him toward her with her eyes, he inclined his face toward hers. For a long time he kissed Chloe, and Lucifer was filled with deep astonishment as she taught him how wise she was, how she ruled him, put him off, lured him back... each one different from the other, still awaiting him. Breathing deeply, he remained standing and at this moment he was like a child astonished by the abundance of knowledge and things worth learning opening up before his eyes.

A/N I'm pretty sure the last bit where I describe the kiss is from a book a read at some point but I have no idea. It's like Great Gatsby or Sidhartta or maybe a Jane Austen. It doesn't really matter, but if you recognize it, that's probably why. I read way to much, anyway, I hop you enjoyed.