Ella

Lucifer walked into Ella's office and was surprised to find it filled with slightly eerie classical music. Ella was sitting on a stool at desk, looking at her laptop. She barely averted her eyes from the screen when Lucifer walked in. This disturbed him greatly. He was used to happy cheerful Ella, sure she'd been praying to him quite a bit lately but he'd assumed this was normal. Apparently it was not. 

"Miss Lopez, are you alright?" He asked hesitantly. 

"I'm fine." She said somewhat sarcastically, "No, I'm great, it's a big fat happy sunshine day for me." Lucifer placed a hand on her shoulder, 

"Ella, your thoughts do not define you. No matter how good or bad they may be." Ella turned quickly to face him, 

"How did you-?" Lucifer smirked, 

"Being omnipotent comes with a few perks." Ella just stared at him, so he continued, 

"Last week my siblings and I had a bit of a war and I became God. You see, my father, the original God, is in my mums universe now." Ella blinked then suddenly started laughing. 

"Lucifer, how in the world do you come up with this stuff?" 

"I told you, it's all true. I'll prove it to you, pray something." Ella did just that. She said a quick prayer and when Lucifer repeated it back to her, word for word, her eyes went wide. 

"Oh my god...I mean you, oh shit, I'm friends with the devil...who is also God...and I met your Dad. Holy Hell!" Lucifer smirked, 

"Precisely." Ella starred at him for a moment then got up, she moved, putting the table between them. 

"Prove it." 

"Prove what?" 

"That you're the devil or God or whatever and not just a mind reader."

"You are such a nerd, Miss Lopez. Let me do something quickly, I'll be right back." Lucifer walked quickly out of the lab and over the Chloe's desk. She was just finishing packing it up. 

"Detective, Miss Lopez wants me to show it to her." Chloe gave Lucifer a look, 

"What? I thought Ella just liked you as a friend." Lucifer scrunched his eyebrows, 

"Oh, no. She wants to see my devil face." Chloe laughed a bit, 

"That makes more sense. Are you going to show it to her?" 

"I don't know. Most of the time people scream and run away or try to kill me." A wave of regret washed over Chloe at the last statement, Lucifer didn't notice consciously, but when she tense up, he automatically reached to comfort her. 

"No, detective, I didn't mean-" 

"It's fine, Lucifer. I think that if you want to prove it to her, you could always show her your wings instead." Lucifer perked up, he hadn't thought of that. He thanked Chloe and started to walk back towards the lab. 

"Luce, hold on. Maybe don't do it in here. I don't know what your wingspan is but I doubt it's smaller than that room." 

"Good idea." He smiled, "We all know there's no one bigger than me." She stifled a giggle with an eyeroll as Lucifer headed back to Ella. He lead her to the roof. 

"Miss Lopez, if you do decide I'm evil and terrifying and choose not to be around me anymore, I understand...Also if you need help dealing with it the detective and the doctor both know...Detective douche does too, but I can't imagine he'd be much help...oh, also, Maze is going to be mad at me if you're scared of her too...since she's-" 

"Lucifer, just show me." He nodded, 

"You're sure about this?" She confirmed that this was what she wanted. Instead of flipping out his wings as he had planned, Lucifer found himself shifting his face. The charred skin spread across his body like an infection. His back arched, his spine stuck out like a dinosaur. Ella took a step back, looking him up and down. 

"I-" Lucifer shifted again, his charred skin pulled back to reveal his pristine white human form. His back flattened, his fingernails went back to their normal dull human shape. 

He fixed his suit, looking at his feet and waiting for her to run. When he looked up, he was surprised to find her just studying him. 

"So you're the devil..." she whispered "...and God?" She looked him in the eyes for the first time since he'd shown her. 

"I have to go um...iron...my cat," she said and hurried away. Lucifer just stood there. He saw Ella go back to her lab and pick up a case file, forcing herself to get back to work. He felt her strain, her confusion, but to his surprise, there was no fear. She wasn't afraid. Ella knew and she didn't scream, she wasn't terrified, just confused. She had questions, so many question. Not all that he had answers to, or answers he could give her anyways. She wasn't scared.

A/n Hey, it's been a while. Sorry about that. I've been really into the Avengers recently (sorry not sorry) and while the production of this has slowed down, the production of my Avengers fic has picked up, so if you're interested in that, check it out. I appreciate all of you, and as always, reply with any requests you have and let me know if you catch and spelling or grammar errors. 

-Brayden