Lucifer's Jem, Part 2

The devil paced back and forth. He had purchased Jem a birthday gift weeks ago, planning on once again attempting to fly up to him. Now that God had agreed to deliver it, it all became much more real. The small, blue, stuffed lion and blue blanket didn't feel like enough. He was pretty sure Jem couldn't read so he'd also drawn him a Step-By-Step on how to pray, hoping to hear his sons' voice. Suddenly Gods light flooded down from heaven and he materialized on the balcony.

"The gift, Samael." Lucifer handed it to him, he resisted the urge to correct him on the usage of his old name not wanting to upset his father into changing his mind.

"Thank you, Father." Lucifer whispered, "You're welcome, my son." Before Lucifer's dad left, he added, "I'm going to allow Gabriel to come see you and Amenadiel, be kind to him, he is still young." Lucifer nodded and in between breaths, God was gone.

Chloe had gotten a ride home from Linda. When she walked into her apartment, Maze was there. "Hey," the demon greeted, "where's Lucifer?" Chloe bit her lip, unsure of how much Lucifer wanted Maze to know. She stuck with just the events of the night, "I'm not sure. We had dinner with, well God." Maze stopped her, "Wait, Lucifer's daddy is here? On Earth?" "Well, not anymore, but Lucifer got really upset, understandably, but then he said something about someone named Jem and his dad refused to bring them back." Chloe stopped since Maze was already walking away. "Hold on, where are you going?" "To check on Lucifer. If he mention Jem in front of you, he's definitely not okay." Chloe was so confused.

"Who the hell is Jem?"

"I can't tell you."

"Fine, I'll ask Lucifer."

"Bad idea."

"Why?" Maze glared at her,

"Look, if he wants you to know, he'll tell you. Imagine your kid got taken, not that that would never happen of course, she has the devil and a demon in her side, but-" Maze stopped, as if realizing what she said. "I gotta go." Maze started walking away again. This time Chloe let her.

Maze was walking fast as she entered LUX, not even looking at the staff. It was oddly empty, but she didn't second guess it, Lucifer knew what he was doing. She rode the elevator up and found Lucifer at his piano, his hands hovered over the keys but it remained silent in the penthouse. "Hey Lucifer." Maze wasn't sure how to continue, 'your girlfriend told me you had to dinner with your dad and that he refuses to uninprision your kid' seemed insensitive. Luckily, Lucifer guessed why she was there, "Stop by Lindas' did you?"

"Deckers actually."

"Ah, I was hoping she didn't catch that part of the conversation. Is she alright?"

"She's fine. Confused, I think."

"I should talk to her." Lucifer didn't move though. After sitting in silence for a few minutes, Lucifer spoke again.

"I can't believe I actually thought dad would let him come back. Of course he wouldn't." Maze poured two whiskies and handed him one, she was a bartender after all, or at least she used to be. After a while of Lucifer ranting and many more drinks, he calmed down at bit. Not before he smashed he smashed his first through one of the aserian walls. Maze left not long after that, planning on sending Decker to talk to him.

Decker was sitting at the table alone. Trix was with her dad, she hadn't been sure what time they would get home and Lucifer was adamant that she didn't go with them. Chloe pondered Mazes' words along with Lucifer and his fathers. Was Jem Lucifer's kid? How was that even possible? Lucifer had made it sound like Jem was trapped, had God taken the kid? Chloe didn't really know what pronouns to use, as she'd just assumed Jem was a girl but she was pretty sure Lucifer had said 'he'. Maze burst through her door, interrupting her thoughts.