Space and Time

Lucifer found himself at Chloe's once again. He knew she was mad at him but that couldn't stop the internal magnet that constantly pulled him back to her. He opened the door and she turned quickly. He knew he looked terrible. He had just been in a fight after all, but that didn't matter. 

"Lucifer. You okay? You look like hell." If it were any other day he would have laughed, 

"Appropriate." He walked further into the apartment, 

"Um, so uh," he took a deep breathe, "good news is, I dealt with the Micheal problem." Lucifer motioned to his ripped and blood streaked suit. Chloe just nodded. 

"He won't be impersonating me again. Bad news is that I've discovered apparently, he's been manipulating me since the dawn of time." Again, Chloe just nodded. She had hoped he'd come to fix her miracle problem. Of course, he couldn't do that without either wiping himself out of existence or wiping her out of existence. Although apparently those were the same thing. 

"Oh. Yeah. Must be terrible to not control your own fate." There was more conversation after that. Lucifer even found himself raising his voice at her. He hated raising his voice at her. She wasn't a fan of it either. 

"You have no right to yell at me, Lucifer. Our situations are nothing alike. You are an angel, you deal with celestial craziness all the time. I am just a person Lucifer. Just a person. Who was already deal with the fact that I am in love with the devil and then," Chloes voice had raised to a yell and she slapped her hand against the table, "I find out I was made to feel that way. That my life isn't my own. So I am sorry of your brother is jerk to you sometimes." 

Chloe turned away from him, going back to what she was doing previously. It was Lucifer's turn to talk. "I'm sorry, Chloe. I spent thousands of years in Hell praying to get my partner back. Praying to get you back. What do you need from me? How do I make this better?" Chloe shook her head, 

"I need space and I need time...but I...Lucifer, I thought this, us, I thought it was real." Lucifer shook his head, 

"It is real." 

"How?" She was shouting again, "How can it be real when I was literally created to love you?" 

Lucifer dropped his head and sighed, "Detective, I gave you every opportunity to choose someone else. I tried to make sure you had a choice and over and over you chose me. No one has ever chosen me. I tried to push you away and you kept coming back. I did everything I could to make you hate me because that's what I deserve, but you're still here and although I can't fathom why, I will never take it for granite. I am in, I am all in. This is it for me, so if you need space or you need time, I'll be here waiting. I love you, Chloe. More than anyone could possibly imagine. That will never change." 

She was silent, processing what he had said. He was right. He had done everything in his power to give her a choice and it wasn't fair to let God change her choices now. She was still her. She was still Chloe Decker and she loved Lucifer Morningstar, the devil, whether his father influenced that or not. She took a breathe, but when she turned to tell him all of this, he was gone. Giving her the time and space she'd asked for she presumed. For the longest time, Chloe stared at the empty space where he had been, wishing that he would reappear. He never did. 

A/N If you couldn't tell by my usage of the dialogue, this takes place during 5x03 when Lucifer shows up to Chloes after fighting with Micheal (who I hate). I have a doc with things I wish Lucifer had said in certain moments and this was one of them so I decided to do this. Thank you so much for reading. -Brayden