Lucifer's Jem Part 1

A/N This is gonna be a long one and probably two parts, but I got an idea and I haven't been able to shake it, so enjoy and we'll get back to regular programming soon. :)

Lucifer looked at his father, God sent Michael back to Heaven and did something completely unexpected, he apologized, "I'm sorry for allowing Michael to get this out of control. Amenadiel, Samael-," He was cut off as Lucifer corrected him he was Lucifer now, God nodded, "Lucifer, would you two join me for dinner. Two weeks from now at one of your earth residencies?" Amendiel was the first to speak, "My and Linda's home is available," he offered. God agreed to this, "Please bring your human companions. Sami- Lucifer, you may bring Beatrice in addition to Chloe if you would like." Lucifer shook his head, "Absolutely not," "Very well, it is your decision, son." "Did you really think I would voluntarily bring another child to you? Do you not remember what you did the first time?" Lucifer was outraged. He had thought that when he saw his father, he would be mostly angry that he was cast out of Heaven, but all he cared about was his son.

When Lucifer had been cast out, he'd begged for someone, anyone to keep him company and one day, he had woken up with a baby next to him. Lucifer called him James, Jem for short. Eventually Michael found out about him and told their father. God had taken the little angel and trapped him in the North Star. Only Lucifer new his name and so only Lucifer could speak to him, pray to him. He spent Millenia trying to save him, but nothing worked. Of everything God had done, Lucifer would never forgive him for Jem.

God ignored his comment, "I will see you in two human weeks at 6pm in this time zone, my sons. Until then, fare well." God's light faded and he disappeared. Lucifer and Amendiel looked at each other for a moment. They put their wings away and suddenly time started. Lucifer ran to the evidence room door and threw it open. Stopping in front of Chloe, "Lucifer, what happened? Where did you go?" Lucifer shook his head, "It's hard to explain. Amendiel, well, never mind." Lucifer smiled softly, "This is more important. You are more important," he reached up and touched her face, "I love you, Chloe." She stepped closer to him and stood on her tip toes, kissing him lightly. She pulled away, "I love you too."

_________ 

Lucifer went home that night and collapsed on his bed. After speaking to his father, all he really wanted to do was go home, but for the detectives sake he'd put it out of his mind. After he told her he loved her too, hopefully putting an end to the fears Micheal had stirred in her. After that he was going to simply drop her off at her house. She'd been kidnapped after all and deserved some rest. He'd walked her in and done a quick sweep of the apartment to make sure it was clear of danger. While leaving Chloe alone scared Lucifer more than he'd like to admit, he needed to be alone before he broke down. As he turned to leave the detective alone with her thoughts, she had stopped him, asking if he would stay with her. Lucifer couldn't refuse her. Chloe meant more to him than everyone on earth combined, except for maybe her retched dependent, another thing he was reluctant to admit. 

Chloe had lead him to the couch and picked a random show on Netflix for background noise. Lucifer hadn't noticed the show, as he'd been making popcorn for her. When he'd finally sat down next to her, he realized the show she'd picked, Friends. Lucifer remembered chuckling as he sat down. He had done Matt LeBlanc (Joey) a favor to get him on that show. When he told the detective that she smirked and told him she had a crush on that particular actor when she would watch the show as a teenager. He smiled as he recalled the surprise then amusement that had taken the detectives features when Lucifer broke the news that, thanks to his 'skills' Matt is not straight. She'd fallen asleep not long after that, her head on his shoulder and his arm around her, holding her protectively. Chloe'd woken up with a start about an hour into her nap and asked Lucifer to pick up Trixie as she was too groggy to drive. He'd obliged, anything for the woman he loved. Then he'd made dinner for the three of them, stovetop burgers and hand cut fries. They'd watched a movie, as Chloe was still tired and then he'd put Trixie to bed for her. When he came back out, she'd fallen asleep again so he carried her to bed, kissing her softly and dropping a note on the bedside table, explaining that he'd gone back to the penthouse, then too tired to drive, he'd flown home and here he was.