Knife Throwing

Chloe waved to Lucifer and slipped out the door. She had to go to the annual holiday dinner with her mother and had asked him to watch Trixie for a few hours.

"Alright Urchin, what do you want to do? "

"Can Maze come over?" Lucifer scoffed,

"Why would you want a demon when you have the Devil?" Trixie looked at him, then down at her feet apprehensively.

"Well, Maze is helping me learn knives. That's what I wanna do today." Lucifer perked up, smiling,

"You're in luck, offspring. I'm the King of Hell, Maze was one of my demons. Who do you presume trained her?" Lucifer had technically sworn not to tell anyone he'd trained Mazikeen since it was against Lilliths' conditions for her children, but Lucifer had a loophole. He never agreed to the rules, just the army. He was using one of his loopholes now, if Trixie comes to the conclusion on her own, he didn't technically tell her.

"You trained her?!" Trixie was astonished and excited, "Can we play knives then?" Lucifer smiled, not considering how Chloe would react to him allowing her child to play with knives and stood,

"What do you desire to learn? Throwing, close-range battle, far range battle, torture?" Trixie scrunched her nose, considering,

"How about throwing?"

"Perfect. Did Mazikeen happen to set up a throwing board?" Trixie stood up and walked to her wall of alien drawings,

"Nope, just this wall." Lucifer was pretty sure the detective wouldn't like that, so he decided to have a knife board delivered for the child as well as a set of custom knives.

"I'm going to have Marcel bring over a board and a set of knives, maybe dinner too. What would you like?"

"Can I have blue knives?" Lucifer had been asking about dinner but he didn't see a reason she couldn't, "If that's what you desire, now dinner, what do you want?"

"Burgers!" Lucifer smiled at her,

"No ketchup?" Trixie shook her head and Lucifer muttered something about how she was just like her mother.

Before long the food and the knife-throwing things arrived. They decided to eat the fries before they got cold, then the burgers after training. Lucifer had also ordered a burger for Chloe. He placed it in the fridge in case she was hungry when she got home. Eventually, Trixie was ready to train. He started her off using French fries, a bit scared she'd cut herself, and showed her how to angle her wrist and aim.

Trixie jumped up and down when Lucifer finally pulled the knives out. For the first time in his life, he taught her the safety things first. Maze had been training her in attack so he used what she knew from that to play into throwing knives. Finally, she was ready for her first knife throw. She had surprisingly good aim, but her wrist was a bit off and the blade flung in a circle, hitting the board almost in the middle with its side and dropping to the ground. Trixie waited for the release command to go retrieve it, but it never came. Lucifer handed her another knife and died her wrist. This time the blade hit, stuck for a moment and fell to the ground. He handed her another.

"More power this time. Throw it like your aiming at your worst enemy." The blade flung forward, hit the wall, and stuck. Lucifer whistled,

"I think you're doing better than Maze did her first round." Of course, she was a baby demon and couldn't walk, but Lucifer wasn't going to tell her that. Trixie beamed and he handed her the last blade. It stuck into the board, not far from the last one. Typically knife sets came with six, but Lucifer had thought since she was a kid, a smaller set would work better. He allowed her to retrieve them. He showed her how to push the board with the palm of her hand instead of putting all her effort into pulling the knife and then showed her how to line back up. Eventually, she was throwing and sticking the board every time. In the middle of Trixie's 12th round, Maze walked in, unnoticed. Before Trixie could throw, Mazes's curved dagger boomeranged around the corner and stuck dead center.