Saturday Night

It felt like an ordinary Saturday night. He would spend the day with his detective and they would eventually make it back home late at night, have a few drinks, watch some movies and finally settle down for bed. Those kinds of days were his perfect Saturdays, just spending it with Chloe but this.... this wasn't like a normal Saturday night. Let alone any night.

Lucifer and Chloe were stuck on a case but eventually, they'd gotten a lead from an anonymous tip. The tip led them to an abandoned office building that was about 10 stories high and almost in the heart of Los Angeles. They pulled up and headed inside. There was paper and broken glass on the ground. Graffiti on the walls from numerous artists and gangs that Chloe probably already knew about. Lucifer, of course, had to complain about the trash because Italian leather loafers were getting dirty but Chloe just rolled her eyes, as always, and told him to keep moving. They headed up the emergency flight of stairs and listened for any sign of life.

The case they were working on was a double homicide, a couple was murdered in an abandoned warehouse just south of L.A. The couple had a sixteen-year-old daughter, Gia. She was taken about four days ago, two days after the murder of her parents. Chloe had been trying to find connections between them but overall she wasn't able to find anything useful until the anonymous tip came along, and she was grateful that it did.

Chloe held her flashlight in one hand, her gun was in the other, Lucifer was in the back to make sure no one could sneak up behind her. They both ascended the stairs until they reached the 6th level. They started to hear noises. It sounded very muffled but with Lucifer's supernatural hearing, he was able to confirm that there were two people in the room having a conversation. They continued walking up the stairs quietly. As they got closer, the muffled noises started to take the form of voices. When they got to the top level of the building, Chloe peeked around the corner to see what was happening.

There were two men, bout about six feet tall with a muscular build. One was standing off to the side and the other one was right by a chair that had someone in it. She tried to get a closer look but when the guy moved away from the chair, she could see it was Gia.

She looked terrified in front of those two men and Chloe knew she had to do something. She started walking towards the two men silently with Lucifer close behind her. The men didn't notice them but Gia saw Lucifer and Chloe. When the girl realized she was staring she quickly brought her gaze back to the men. Hoping they wouldn't notice the change in her behavior. One of the men was yelling at her, trying to force information from her, but she wouldn't budge. She was strapped down to the chair with zip ties digging into her wrists and ankles, making it impossible to escape.

They got to the man that was closest to them and Chloe was the first to speak:

"Hands up and turn around!" She said, switching off the safety on her gun, making it sound more intimidating perhaps. The unknown man held his hands up and turned around slowly to face them.

It was no one they recognized but sure enough, they'd be going to jail for possible murder and kidnapping. The other man raised his hands slowly as well, his hands were shaking slightly, but the man did not move from his position. Chloe seemed skeptical that they weren't fighting back, it was rarely this easy.

Chloe's gun trained on the man in front of her as she brought out two pairs of handcuffs. Lucifer took one of them and went to get the second man that was standing on the other side of the abandoned room.

Lucifer unlocked the handcuffs so he would be able to put them around the suspects' wrists but in a quick flash, the man grabbed Lucifer by the torso and threw him across the room effortlessly. Lucifer crashed through the window, the glass breaking with a loud crack, and Lucifer started falling.