Cat memes

Lucifer had woken up to his phone buzzing. Chloe was still asleep, her head on his chest, golden hair spread out like wings. He couldn't bare the thought of waking her. She looked so at peace, so happy, so...vulnerable and he was more than willing to protect her. As carefully as he could, he reached over to the night stand and picked up his cell. There were at least 20 texts from Ella and many missed calls. After glancing at the time, he realized why. It was 10:30am, he and Chloe were officially two hours late for work. 

For a moment Lucifer froze, unsure of what to do. He stared at Chloe for a long time, deputing waking her but their night had been so perfect; a bonfire on the beach, smores, then just as the sun had fully descended, they'd gone out into the ocean. Skinny dipping was something Lucifer decided he'd have to do more often with his detective. The thought of waking her filled him with dread, so he quickly shot Ella a text. 

Miss Lopez, the detective and I had a rather late night and I've decide to let her sleep. Please do what ever humans do when they decide not to go to work. 

Ella texted back moments later. 

Of course. You guys have fun? 😏 

Lucifer almost laughed out loud at Ellas interest in their sex life. That girl was truly one of a kind. 

That we did. The devil knows how to have a good time. 

 Ella did laugh out loud at that. Lucifer was so odd, it was wonderful. She couldn't believe he'd never broken character in the many years she had known him. Not even when he had sex (She had asked Chloe). Ella wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that, so she sent him a cat meme. 

Lucifer of course, responded with a meme of his own

For almost an hour they went back and forth like this, sending memes with no real purpose

For almost an hour they went back and forth like this, sending memes with no real purpose. Eventually though, Ella had to work a case and Lucifer was left alone with his thoughts and his sleeping girlfriend. 

He kissed her forehead lightly, brushing a few stray hairs out of her face. She groaned lightly and her eye lids fluttered. Lucifer couldn't help but smile. She was so beautiful. Almost glowing in the midmorning sun, her hair a halo, and suddenly her eyes opened. Ocean blue windows to her very soul. She tensed as she realized she wasn't alone but relaxed as soon as she processed Lucifer's chiseled face. 

"Good morning, Lucifer." He smiled at her and leaned down to give her a small kiss. She stayed there after he broke the kiss, her eyes unable to open for a moment. She leaned her head back onto his chest and traced his abs with her finger. She could stay like this forever. She glanced up at Lucifer, hoping to see the same joy on his face, but behind his loving smile, she found a layer of sadness. 

"What is it?" She whispered at him and he tensed, pulling her closer. 

"I've waited way to long to say everything you mean to me. In case you don't live forever, let me tell you now. I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around. I'm everything that I am because of you. We've only got so much time. I'm pretty sure it would kill me if you didn't know, the pieces of me are pieces of you. Chloe, I love you." 

Ever so slowly, a smile broke across Chloe's face. She rolled, straddling him. Her palms here flat against his bare chest and he brought his hands to her sides, steadying her. She leaned down until they were nose to nose, Lucifer's looked up at her through half lidded eyes. She couldn't wait to kiss him. It was like a magnet pulling her towards his lips, but she couldn't, not without saying it back. 

"I love you too, Lucifer. More than you'll ever know." The seconds where they moved towards each other seemed to last a lifetime. When their lips finally connected, it was as if they had been drowning and just met the surface. Finally. 

a/n hi, so I had a song stuck in my head so I gave Lucifer some of the dialogue from it and I saw a prompt from @/whatslucidoing on twitter so I combined them and now we have this really short one shot with no real content. Also, follow me on Twitter if you want @/bford_dink I talk about Lucifer sometimes, but mostly it's an endless stream of my consciousness.