Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam

The final was scheduled on the second sunday of February. On the night before the big day Ally sent Cameron a good luck text. Knowing the dramatic person he is, she knew he was close to ripping his hair off. He had ben whinning about it since forever and tomorrow it will all come to an end. He must be overwhelmed so he slept early she guessed when he didn't reply for a long time.

Thanks. I hope we do our best tomorrow.

His reply came at about twelve thirty. She wondered why was he still awake.

I know you will. Btw get some rest. Night. -A

I can't sleep. -C

Sure you can. Just relax you're gonna be fine. -A

I don't wanna be fine. I want us to win this thing so badly. -C

I don't understand why is this so important to you? -A

She finally asked the question that had been bugging her for so long. She had been avoiding to ask him because she didn't want to sound rude. But she could never figure out why was this tournament so important to him. Of course it was the last he played for the school but that couldn't be the only reason.

It's just that I want to win something on my own for the first time. -C

What do you mean? -A

Because of my dad's position I'm easily preferred in the competions but this is something he cannot influence. I have to prove him and everyone that I can do things on my own. -C

She stared at the screen stunned by his confession. He was admitting that his influential father was the reason behind his success. That must've been hard to admit to himself let alone to someone else. She could see he was vulnerable and distressed. Even the happiest person had a dark raw side she didn't get to see everyday. He had insecurities she couldn't imagine he would possess. The most talented person she knew was feeling bare and weak.

Whatever happens I want you to know that you're talented. And I believe you're capable of doing things. You don't need anyone's approval. -A

Thank you, Parker. That means a lot. You made me smile today. :-) -C

A smile graced her face too. At least she was capable of doing some good to the world. She felt happy learning that she had made him smile.

Good. Keep smiling no matter what happens tomorrow. -A

I'm so glad I have a great friend. Otherwise I would've gone crazy tonight. -C

It's 1 am. You should sleep if you want to be fresh tomorrow. -A

She suggested proving his words correct that she was a good friend indeed.

But I like this. Talking to you. -C

Ally smiled. No one had ever said that before. She was always an option for people when they had no one to talk to. But he seemed genuinely interested in talking to her.

We can talk tomorrow, Miller. Now you're going to sleep. Good night. -A

He never replied. She figured he must've fallen asleep. It was ironic how he had just said he liked talking to her but fell asleep a minute later. She found it funny. He was a little bundle of contradictions. Incredibly rich but hated luxury, egoistic yet grounded. He was that kind of person who made you really wonder about who they really were. And it was like putting together pieces of puzzle without a picture. Everyday with them is different as you discover new things about them.