Chapter 11- I doubt that.

“Bennett is not in school.” A blonde guy announced lifting both of his fists in the air.

“Woo-Hoo!” The class howled together.

Ally was in her last class for the day. The one which she shared with Jake and unfortunately Cameron too. As soon as the students heard that their chemistry teacher was not present, they sat on their desks and started talking in groups. But Jake was nowhere to be seen. She hadn’t seen him since lunch. He was not even in the cafeteria during recess.

She turned to talk to a girl beside her because she bored to death. Her name was Elena and she was gushing about her college boyfriend. Ally nodded whenever she looked at her as if she was listening. Elena’s phone rang and she excused herself to go talk outside.

As everyone else around her, including Cameron, were busy talking and mocking each other, she took her phone out and went  through her Facebook account.

There were no new notifications or friend requests. She was going through her news feed waiting for the bell to ring. She opened Jake’s profile and started seeing his pictures. A small smile spread across her face as she saw a picture of him wearing shades leaning on a wall. Damn why is he so hot. He looks so good without even trying. He was literally flawless according to her.

“What are you doing?” Cameron said to her as he leaned sideways to glance at her phone.

“Umm.. nothing.” She quickly drifted away her phone, locked and shoved it in her bag.

“You were smiling like an idiot. Let me guess, you were watching lover boy again, right?” he asked crossing his arms on his chest. She looked around avoiding eye contact with him.

“No I wasn’t. I was just checking my texts.” She lied smoothly. He unfolded his arms but it didn’t look like he believed her lie.

“Speaking of texts, why couldn’t you sleep last night?” he asked taking her out of guard. She remembered she had sent that yesterday night when he fell asleep. But what surprised her was that he remembered it too.

“Just like that. It’s normal for people to not sleep.” She said making hand gestures. He didn’t need to know about her personal problems.

“It’s normal for people to not sleep when something is bothering them. What’s bothering you?” he said in a soft tone. His expressions were tense as he looked into her eyes searching for some answers she didn’t want to tell. She looked away avoiding his intense eyes.

“Geez. Give me a break. You’re over reacting.” She gathered her courage and looked into his eyes. If she looked away now, he would know she’s lying. So she stared into his eyes with a hope he won’t ask her again. His eyes had so much sincerity in them that for a moment she felt guilty for not telling him the truth. It made her heart pound when she lied to him.

But she was a good liar and an excellent topic switcher. “What were you doing with Rebecca?” she asked and he instantly looked away. She felt relieved as he was no longer gazing at her with those questioning eyes.

“We’re just messing around.” He said. His eyes fixed to the desk in front of him.

A cold laugh escaped Ally’s mouth. “You call sucking each other’s mouth messing around?”

“Why are you so jealous, Parker?” His smirk had returned.

Was she jealous? No she wasn’t jealous. She just asked to release the tension around them.