Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings

Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold feelings

Ally was left confused by Cameron’s words. From what she had heard, Jake was ‘the perfect guy’. He had everything a girl needed. So what did Cameron mean when he said Jake wasn’t good enough for her? If it had to be it would be the other way round.

The rest of the period was a little weird for Ally as after her feud with Cameron, he never bothered her or tried to talk to her. The bell rang and he was the first one to get up and rush to the door. He didn’t even spare her a single look; not that she cared. She was too occupied staring at Jake from behind as he was packing his things. She followed his movements until he was out of the door and out of her sight.

That’s when reality hit her. She quickly grabbed her things and went out to her next class which she shared with Haley.

“You’ll never guess what happened.” Ally gushed with happiness as soon as she saw Haley sitting at the table.

“Did Leonardo get an Oscar?!” Haley said clapping her hands and jumping with excitement.

“No! Although I wish it was true.” Haley frowned. They both were fans of Leo. Who wasn’t? But Haley was obsessed with him. She was one of those crazy fangirls.

Ally told her everything from how Jake was in her chemistry class and to how she couldn’t even have a decent conversation with him. Haley seemed pretty happy for her friend and she even gave Ally a few advices on how she should talk to her crush.

That’s when the teacher and the devil entered together. The devil aka Cameron Miller. ‘Why is he in every class as me?’ was the first thought that crossed Ally’s mind. Was he stalker or something? Cameron didn’t pay her any attention and moved to the last table where he started talking to his friends.

 The class went by in a spur and everyone started moving to the door.

“Are you stalking me?” she said to Cameron as they were heading towards the door with Haley behind her. That maybe the stupidest question ask someone at school but she decided to ask it anyway. She was interested in knowing what had caused his sudden mood swing in their Chemistry class.

He stopped walking and his eyes were wandering all over her body.

“You’re not that lucky.” He said with a cold laugh.

“Besides this is school.” He added reminding the obvious fact before he walked away.

“What the hell?! Since when did you start talking to him?” Haley said with a confused look on her. They were both walking down the hallway.  

“He’s like the hottest guy in school! Oh my god you’re so lucky first Jake and then Cameron!” she said to Ally after she quickly explained her everything in brief.

“No this is mental torture.” Ally just glared at her friend in disbelief.

“Are you fucking kidding me Ally? This is the hottest guy in school we are talking about. I am sorry to say this but he’s even hotter than Jake.” she said crossing her arms.

“Like I care.”

“And many people don’t know this but he’s actually kind of sweet.”

“And how can you say that?” Ally said looking a little taken aback.

“Well.. His family and my family are friends. So I have spent some weekends with him.”

“Why are you telling me this now?”

“Because I don’t think he’s interested in me in that way. He never flirted back with me.” Ally could see a sad smile on Haley’s face as she was saying those words.

“But I think he’s totally interested in you.” Haley said nudging her friend playfully.

“Whatever. I don’t want to talk about this and I am gonna be late to class so bye for now. See you later.” Ally said as she waved a goodbye and moved to the next class.

Fortunately for the rest of the day Cameron wasn’t in any of her classes. But neither was Jake. She was disappointed at first because she wanted more chances to see him but was happy at the same time that she was sharing at least one class with him this year. It was one of those bittersweet feelings.

Another thing that occupied her thoughts was Cameron. At lunch her eyes wandered off to the room until they met Cameron’s eyes for a second. But both of them looked away. Other than that he totally ignored her the rest of the day in school. Ally categorized him as one of those boys who are flirting with you one day and the other day they just pretend that you don’t even exist. She knew he was no different than any other guy she had met. Moreover, his behavior confirmed whatever the hell she thought about him.

The last bell rang indicating the end of school for the day. Everyone started to move to their lockers or to head home. She was moving towards of her locker when Mrs. Bennett called her to talk about something ‘important’.

“I just wanted to ask you if you would like to tutor some freshman students this year.” She asked as they stood in the middle of the hallway.

Ally didn’t mind tutoring if she got extra credit for doing that. But she could manage to tutor just 1 kid, not some kids. That’s what she explained to her chemistry teacher.

“Sure, you can. Any type of help is encouraged.”

Mrs. Bennett further explained her that she would start after 2 weeks as school has just begun. She would inform her when she’s assigning a student to her. And the rest that was registered in Ally’s mind was blah blah blah. This woman just would not stop talking. She explained every stupid detail of how Ally should tutor kids.

“Of course. But I really have to go to feed my dog.” A dog which was non-existent.

“Okay.”

 Ally nodded to her teacher and went away as fast as she could. This lady had consumed more than 15 minutes in her ‘important talk’. When Ally reached her locker the hallway was empty. She put her back down and started to put things in her locker. She saw Cameron walking towards her from her peripheral vision. When she was done she slammed the door shut.

“What?” She said turning to look at him. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw him.

Cameron was smirking holding a bucket!

“Oh no.” She said in low tone fearing what was going to happen next. Within a split second, she was drenched with ice cold water.

“Oh yes.” She could feel him smirking as he said those words.

--------------------------

A/N: I am so excited by the kind of response I am getting from you guys! Thank you so much for all the votes reads and comments! I really hope you enjoy this! Please excuse my grammar mistakes. This chapter had less of Cameron but the next one has only Ally and Cameron moments. So get ready! Also let me know what you think in the comments section, I love getting feedback. Please do vote. Thanks! And also thanks to anyone who has put this in their reading lists!