Chapter 14- No pranks

The next morning Ally was walking down the school hallway to her locker but something unusual stopped her. Haley, Becky, Ryan, Luke and Cameron were standing at Haley’s locker. Normally she would go and talk to all of them but today was different than those days. She knew it would just be really awkward for her. It was good that everyone was busy talking to each other. She decided not to pry among them sneak off to her locker which was down the hall.

She ducked her head and marched towards her locker. She knew she had moved passed them and she breathed out a sigh of relief and her walk automatically lost its pace. But she wasn’t that lucky. Awkwardness and Ally just have to be in the same room always.

“Hey Ally!” She heard Ryan’s voice calling out. Damn it. She slowly lifted her head and looked behind her with a look of fake surprise.

“Oh hey guys! I didn’t see you there.”  Everyone smiled at her but Cameron’s smile faded instantly. She pretended she didn’t see it but her body reacted otherwise. Her smile faltered and her whole body went tense.

“I have to go. I’ve got some work to do. I’ll see you guys later.” He said as he looked at the little group acting as if she wasn’t there.  He went away hastily and she was left away feeling ignored. She felt like she didn’t even exist for him anymore and it was the worst feeling in the world.

Although she was able to pull a fake smile through the day without anyone noticing, it all came down to lunch. She wasn’t willing to face Cameron again after what happened in the morning. She was sitting comfortably with her friends until he stalked up to their table with his nose flaring.

He was shooting daggers with his eyes at Ryan but she knew she was the actual target of his rage. “Why are you guys sitting here? We sit over there…” He said as he pointed his finger to their old table.

“You would remember it if you weren’t so whipped by her.” Cameron continued as his glare shifted to Ally from Ryan. She was about to say something but Ryan interrupted her.

“Hey man. Calm down we can say the same thing about you and the cheerleader. Plus we don’t sit there anymore because you’re always stuck with those hoes.” Ryan said calmly but Cameron’s stance didn’t once flinch.

“Yeah, it’s better if we sit here with people who actually talk and not just sit there and suck each other’s mouth.” Luke added and Cameron knew his friends were right but he just wasn’t willing to sit with a person who had hurt him so badly. It was written all over his face, she could easily read it.

He was still standing with a blank expression. “And what’s your problem with Ally?” Luke asked and he started glaring angrily at her again.

“Umm… You know guys its okay if he doesn’t want me here. I’ll just leave.” Ally said standing up; she didn’t want to be the reason for anybody’s discomfort.

“What? That’s bullshit. Both of you are sitting here. And that’s final.” Ryan said with authority and both of them recoiled back to their seats hearing the tone of his voice. He sounded like a military commander. It was quite comical how a guy so soft spoken like him could possess such a hard tone.