Chapter 40

It had been a whole week and Ally was still undecided on going to prom. She thought since it was two months away she had plenty of time to think about it. Cameron was not that angry with her, or at least that's what he showed, but he wasn't talking much freely to her. Their little feud had constrained their bond and there was an invisible wall not allowing them to interact easily. Keeping it a secret from their friends further impeded them to openly show their feelings. Everyday they had to be very careful as to not act or say things that could draw unwanted suspicion at them.

She was feeling the distance gradually growing between them. He was aware of it but too caught up in anger to do anything. The only open communication they had was during the dark night where they were just two wandering souls trying to find content in each other. Her phone had become her messenger and his text messages her best friend. But she was craving for more, she wanted to be physically with him. Touch him, embrace him, kiss him on his soft lips and just be around him as the longing for love was escalating within her with each passing day.

She didn't want to be in a relationship with her phone but with him. She wanted to strip down the obstacles of hesitation and shyness and be able to talk publicly to him without fearing about the people. They shared their deepest secrets in the bowels of the night but they couldn't even talk to each other face to face during the day. It was a messed up beginning where they were completely two different characters as the clock struck twelve at night.

She loathed these barriers created by the circumstances surrounding them and so she decided to take action. Determined to harbour a talk with Cameron about these problems she knocked on his front door the following evening. She was going to tutor Callum and afterwards go and talk with Cameron privately away from the prying eyes of their schoolmates.

But everything didn't follow up her unsuspecting plan. After fifteen minutes of teaching Callum about soap structures she casually asked him, "Cameron is home, right?"

He looked up from the notebook, he was searching and nonchalantly said, "Uh… No. He went to the basketball court I think."

"Oh." She tried devising a new plan within the half hour she was at his house.

Callum became suspicious of her question at the end of the lesson being the slow observer he is. "Wait, why were you asking about Cam?"

"Umm… I-I…" She was suddenly at loss of words. No lie came to her mind as she thought about her new boyfriend.

"You guys aren't fighting now, right? Everything's fine?"

"Yeah. We're good."

"Great. He has been weirdly happy lately." He said shrugging and she recalled the bumpy start of their relationship. Although, it was tough to hide a relationship she was also really glad it began after all. And his happiness was a testimony to the inevitable strong bond between them that could easily overcome little fights and drama.

A knowing smile drew upon her face, "That's great… Let's get back to studying now."

*

Ally left his home around half past five with a hope that Cameron would be willing to talk about them. She drove to the River Court and parked the car on the side of the road. When she came closer she noticed his car parked and a dark haired head moving above the car. With a clear sense of direction she plodded to the side of the court and watched as he stopped dribbling the ball in his hands and his eyes roamed all along her body.

She crossed her arms around her chest and stood smiling.

"What are you doing here?" His face was mixture of surprise and joy.