Chapter 39- Choices

Are you sure?

Cameron had replied taking a little while to adjust to her proposal. Probably he was rethinking it himself because for both of them it was a huge unpredictable step that had the power to change their lives..

Yes. Never been more sure. -A

A smile came on her otherwise lifeless cheeks. She couldn't believe she was really in a new 'relationship' with him. What started out as a mild harmless friendship turned out to be an intense force pulling them towards each other. She didn't believe she could handle a relationship but one thing she firmly believed was that she loved seeing him happy. A little bit of upliftment on the edge of his lips lifted up her spirits.  And she could do anything to be the reason for his smile, laugh or chuckle.

Wow. So you're my girlfriend? *inserts weird face* -C

That sounded so strange in my head. -A

I know. So now I can officially say I really really really really really like you! :-) -C

She laughed at his cuteness. Suddenly all of it seemed so weird but still felt so wonderful. She had forgot about the guilt and rejection of the past week and was so happy that even the dark midnight felt like a bright day even though the only source of light in her room was her phone.

Haha. -A

But you didn't say you like me back! -C

Cause I hate you. -A

Oh come on. I don't even deserve some acknowledgement for courting you? -C

That's not courting, mister. -A

Whatever. I want to hear you say that tomorrow at school. -C

Wait, we're not going to tell everyone about us now. It's too soon. -A

So what are you afraid of? -C

Let's just wait and see if this works for us then we'll tell them. -A

So… You want to keep this a secret? -C

Yes. -A

But I want them to know that we're together now and I know we're going to make this work. -C

Ally sighed at his determination. Clearly, he was too happy to be practical. But ultimately she did convince him to keep it a secret from their friends at the cost of confessing her feelings for him in front of him tomorrow. By telling them, Ally thought it would be even more pressurizing because they would persistently want to know about their relationship. Also she didn't like the superfluous attention everybody would give her if they found out she had a boyfriend. She was a more private person in contrast to Cameron. He was a people’s person; the centre of attraction everywhere he went.

They were worlds apart but something about him was so attractive she could overlook the differences. Maybe it was his million dollar smile, or his stupid innocent antics, or his humble nature… The list could go on and on just as their conversation was going endlessly. They slept at two that night; the time flew as they were busy talking about anything and everything. It was unbelievable how she could talk for four hours straight with one person and not get bored of it. She didn't know she had that much to talk about with anyone since she had been an introvert all her life. But he was different, with him she was a wild bird fearlessly floating about in her own tune.

When she woke up next morning she was on cloud nine, even though she had slept for only four hours there was no sign of drowsiness on her face. She felt as if she was in a movie where the protagonist hops out of bed in the morning pumping with energy ready to go and face the world. She was unusually happy in the morning though she hated early mornings, she was looking forward to meeting him. That’s the beauty of love; it makes you do things you never imagined you would be doing. In Ally’s case, it was getting up cheerfully in the morning for school, a herculean task for her.