Chapter 35- Truth or Truth

March 26 was Haley's eighteenth birthday which she would be celebrating the next day. It was a highly anticipated occasion in her school as well as among her friends. But Ally and her friends hadn't planned any big present yet. They had been procastinating to think about her gift ideas. Subtly put they had just been lazy. They created a chat group where they were supposed to decide upon the present but it mostly resulted in arguments or irrelevant debates among them.

Luke was planning a seperate grand gesture for Haley which meant there were only four people left who would be arriving at the party without a gift. Ally suggested they should give her something memorable since after school's over they will be scattered in different colleges. She thought about giving her ravishingly framed photographs of their time together.

Cameron added on the idea saying that they should give her five photographs containing a special memory with each one of them with a hand written description about her. "It would be cool. We can write a personalised message on the photos. You know... like describing the good times we've had together."

"Oh and Ally we can also give those old pictures of her. Or make a collage out of it." Becky had made their gift even more better by her suggestion.

Two days before her party they had a meet up at Becky's house with all the pictures they had of Haley. Ryan put them in a pile and selected the best ones to be framed. Then he and Cameron set out to get them nicely framed. It didn't take more than three hours to complete framing, writing and wrapping the pictures. They stood proudly and stared at the four beautifully wrapped gifts. Although the gift was inexpensive but it was a thoughtful one. In a short period of time they had completed a huge task. Now they only hoped she would like the sweet thought and sweat they had put in.

Haley had celebrated her birthday with her family and the next day she threw a party for only her friends at her house. She had a big house complete with a small jaccuzzi, a large lawn and a terrace. It was suffice to accomodate the large number of friends she had. Haley's parents had set up a ginormous stock of food and soft drinks for the hungry mob of teenagers. But someone was able to sneak a beer keg and cheap booze into the party which her parents had no clue about.

Ally wasn't dressed fancy for the party because she knew it would be useless to wear good clothes at a party full of hormone driven teens who practically can do anything considered as wild. She stuck to a white tank top layered with a newly bought red flannel shirt and black skinny jeans and paired it with her straight black hair flowing down. She was welcomed with loud music blaring from the speakers and people spread all across the lawn. She went into the living room to look for her friends. She was roaming her eyes around the already trashed place to find anyone she actually knew.

Someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned around to see Cameron dressed suavely in his lavender shirt and casual jeans. Her eyes had encountered a delightful sight to look at all night. Lately, she couldn't control herself around him. Especially when his behavior towards her was specifically friendly she would always find herself stealing glances at him. He was probably over her by now but she had yet to move on. She had learnt by now that forbidden fruits taste the sweetest.

"Hey! You brought the gifts right?" She asked pushing aside her wishful thoughts.

"Yeah, they're in my car."

"Where's everyone else?" She stood beside him to look for her remaining friends somewhere in the crowd

"Hey, handsome." They both turned around to see Emily standing behind. Ally was surprised by the way she had chosen to dress. A black halter dress and stiletoes? This girl was definietly in the wrong event. This isn't prom. Ally thought to herself.