Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop

“I am gonna pop some tags only got twenty dollars in my pocket”

“I'm hunting looking for a come up this is fucking awesome."

Ally and Cameron were currently sitting in his car jamming to ‘Thrift Shop’. They both discovered how much fun it was when people on the street gave you strange looks. But they didn’t care about them as they were too absorbed laughing and moving to the beat of the song. The song was ending now and it was time for Ally to go home.

“Dude! That was awesome.” Ally said with a wide smile on her face as the song ended.

“Yeah it was. Do you want me to help you to the door?” Cameron said reminding her of her sprained ankle. She had completely forgotten about that and also about the fact that she was wet. Time flew by when they were in his car.

“No, I think I’ll be fine. Thanks for the ride.” She said as she opened her car door.

As soon as she stepped out and put some pressure on her left leg, pain jolted across her foot and she crumble to the concrete floor. She could feel her ankle getting swollen.

“Shit.” She winced in pain.

Cameron quickly rushed to her from the other side and again scooped her up in his arms. “Why are you so stubborn?” he muttered under his breath but loud enough for her to hear it.

“Why do you always do that?” She said sighing.

“Do what?”

“Carry me like that.” She said looking up to meet his gaze.

He didn’t answer her instead he started walking towards the front door of her house.

“Now where’s the key?” He asked looking down at her.

“It’s in my pocket, wait.” She told as she searched for the keys in her jeans’ pocket. It was very uncomfortable to find something in your pocket when you’re being carried away by someone.

“Stop moving so much or I’ll let you fall.” He warned her. It was getting difficult for him to hold her because her butt was moving so much.

“Got it.” Ally said showing him the key. She opened the door and they both went inside.

“Now where do I put you?” He asked stopping in the middle of the living room. He was asking like she was some unwanted parcel he had got.

“Umm… Just take me to room. It’s upstairs.”

It would have been quite a torture for Cameron to carry her all the way up to her room if he wasn’t so strong. She liked the fact that she was bothering him since he was the culprit behind whatever happened.

He put her down on her bed and walked away to let her change. She removed her wet clothes and put on a t-shirt and some sweatpants. It was difficult for her to walk so she jumped on her right leg to move to different place. She assumed Cameron had left to head home. Now she was moving through the hallway to get something to eat. As she was passing through her brother’s room she heard the sound of gun shots.

Ally opened the door to see him sitting on a bean bag playing video games. His eyes were glued to the screen in front of him. “Why are you still here?” she asked jumping towards the bed that was kept opposite to the chair.

“Can’t you see I am playing Call of Duty? Shut up and let me concentrate.”

Cameron’s rude behavior caused her to take the remote control and switch off the TV. His head instantly turned in her direction and he looked beyond angry.