Chapter 32- Change

Ally sighed at the words on her screen.

Why did you leave so early?

She thought for long but didn't reply. She really had no good reason to justify her actions. She locked her phone beside her and tried to sleep. But she couldn't. After several failed attempts she just couldn't. She kept thinking about Cameron for a known reason she didn't want to admit.

Her fingers itched to reach out for her phone. Guiltily she took the device in her hands and stared at the message. Blowing him off didn't seem a good idea it would only kindle his curiosity. Besides she didn't want him to pick up wrong notions. Like she had feelings for him. She carefully worded her reply.

I was just tired of all the yelling and howling. -A

Oh cause I thought.. -C

"What?" She loudly asked. He needed to learn to complete his sentences.

It's nothing. -C

But she wasn't satisfied with his answer. First he intiates something and then he dodges her question conviniently as if he didn't build up her curiosity. He was definietly a bit annoying sometimes.

Oh come on tell me. What did you think? -A

Ok I thought you left because we almost... umm... kissed tonight and it would be awkward for you. -C

Don't you think it would be awkward? -A

She anxiously waited for his reply. Wondering what was going on in his mind? Were they on the same page? She desperately hoped he didn't get any wrong signals from her. He replied almost five minutes later really contemplating before he answered.

No. I mean obviously it was in the spur of the moment... So you don't have to worry about it. -C

She read his reply again quite not believing his words. It was weird because his words did not match the vibe he radiated tonight. She remembered the look in his eyes which spoke differently than the person texting her. He was trying to hide what he felt. Somehow she didn't mind it as long as he didn't do anything that jeopradized their friendship.

That's what I thought. Glad we're clear on that. -A

Goodnight, Parker. -C

Ally was surprised by his sudden  goodbye but she chose not to voice it. He never ended their conversation so abruptly. By his words she felt like he wasn't happy even after his team won the tournament. She felt the opposite; he was angry and frustrated. The scariest part was that she thought she  may just be the reason for his anger.

**

After thinking for hours last night she still couldn't bring herself to admit that she was possibly the reason for Cameron's sudden mood change. But due to the next day's events in school she was forced to admit it. He had been ignoring her all day acting as if she didn't even exist anymore. He was sickeningly quiet sitting behind her in the Chemistry class. During lunch he avoided any conversation with her except the obligatory greetings. But what actually pricked her was when she tapped on his shoulder to talk to him in Biology class but he was so engrossed in talking to a girl that he blew her off saying,  ''I'll talk to you later, Parker. Chloe here needs help in understanding this chapter.''

It went on like that for the whole week. Cameron avoiding her and she trying to find ways to talk to him. She had texted him on Wednesday about homework she had completed already. She just wanted to check whether he was going to reply or not. And he didn't and she was tired of guessing why. Why was he so passionately ignoring her presence? Was it because he still felt awkward about that almost kiss?