Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2

Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part-2

Cameron let go of her hand for a few minutes to go and change the song that was currently playing. But Ally was in state of panic. She didn’t know she had to do so much work just to get revenge from him. Haley gave her a suspicious look from the corner of the room but she simply nodded to let her know everything was under control which was not true.

Suddenly the party song playing in the background stopped and everybody in the room started booing.

“Couples huddle up to the dance floor.” A boy who was responsible for music announced. She watched as boys hesitantly asked girls to dance with them. The whole room went silence for a while. She looked through the crowd to search for Cameron. She watched as he emerged from the crowd with a smile on his face. A romantic song was now playing in the background.

She rolled her eyes at the song he chose to play. It was called ‘Not a bad thing’. “What a choice, Miller.” She remarked. He smiled triumphantly in response as he took her hand and led them towards the corner of the dance floor.

She was really nervous now. She didn’t know how to slow dance and it was even harder to do it with him. She was only depending on the share of romantic movies she had seen in her entire life. She hoped to have grasped certain things about slow dancing from them.

She placed her hand on his shoulder and he slowly placed it on her waist. Then he lifted their hands to her shoulder level and starts swaying them to the beat of the song. They maintained a good distance which she was thankful for.

“See it isn’t that hard. You just have to lose yourself to the song.” He softly said to her. She smiled; it wasn’t that hard at all. She simply had to sway her body to the music. She didn’t pay much attention to the lyrics of the song as she was more focused on her dancing. She didn’t want to embarrass herself especially in front of him.

“But you know, you have to look at your partner.” He whispered. She realized that all this time she had been staring at the graphics of his t-shirt. Damn it. And she thought it was easy. She feared looking at him. She was sure it wouldn’t be good once they stare into each other’s eyes.

The movies had taught her that slow dancing always ended with two people passionately kissing each other and the next thing you know they are waking up next to each other the following morning. She didn’t want that kind of ending, not with him.

She might have zoned out because he tightened his grip on her waist and pulled her slightly closer. She stumbled forwards almost hitting his chest. “Look at me.” His husky voice demanded. She was terribly nervous now. She could feel the heat between them. It was like a strong force that ruined her senses.

Before she knew what she was doing, she slowly lifter her eyes and met those amazing eyes she had avoided to look into for a while. Her heart beat started picking up and she unknowingly moved more close to him. She had lost her self control.

He kept his eyes on her the whole time and his thumb started caressing her back. Their face was frantically closer now. And for the first time she didn’t mind. The time seemed to slow down and she didn’t know what was happening to her.