chapter 2

You felt someone flick your forehead, instantly waking you up from your sleep. You quickly placed your hand on your head, rubbing the place where it hurt. You opened your eyes to see the brunette man, standing up next to you. "What was that for?" You asked him.

"Get up, we landed, dumbass." He rolled his eyes and pointed out the window. You looked to see the airport. Your eyes widened and you smiled, thinking about how you've always wanted to live in New York and your dream finally came true. You put your foot down and winced, remembering that it was twisted.

"Fuck, this is your fault, Jaeger," You sneered.

"Look who has the audacity to call me that," He flicked your forehead again, but softer this time.

"I don't know who you are, and on top of that, you twisted my ankle. So remind me why I should treat you with respect?" You rubbed your ankle before standing up in front of him, looking up at his face. Damn, he's really tall, You thought. Which he was.

"You have a point, anyways. Can you move? You're in my way." His warm breath against your ear. He placed his forearm on the seat in front of you, almost hovering over you. You felt heat rushing up to your face. Thankfully, he couldn't see the redness as your back was towards him. You took a step forward but you tripped. Before your face could touch the ground, you felt a hand pull you up and wrap around your waist. You looked up to find yourself make eye contact with those turquoise eyes. Your bodies were against each other and heat filled your body, making your face redder than last time. "At least watch where you're going. You're fucking clumsy," The man chuckled, releasing you from his grip.

You stumbled backward a little, this time your back hitting the seat. You nodded your head, being too embarrassed to say anything. You limped into the aisle, reaching up to get your handbag. You watched as the brunette came into the aisle and stood behind you, reaching up as well. His chest was against your back and his arms lined up with yours. His palms touched the back of your hands, reaching for your bag. "I can get it myself," You said quietly.

"I was just being nice, but suit yourself," He let go of your handbag, letting it fall into your arms. He pulled out his suitcase and walked ahead of you, towards the exit. You shook your head, trying to focus. What the hell was that? You felt the slight change in mood from the beginning of the flight. You limped towards the exit as well, wincing a bit every time your foot touched the ground.

"Ma'am, here are your crutches. A worker will help you with your luggage." The same blonde air hostess handed you a pair of crutches and you placed them under your armpits, lifting your handbag over your shoulder. You walked out of the plane to the baggage claim, waiting for your suitcases.

--

It took fifteen minutes for you to get your suitcases. You called over a worker to help you with your bags and he came over to lift the suitcases onto the cart. As you went over to the airport exit, he followed you, both of you waiting for a taxi. As you waved down a taxi, you noticed the same brunette man a few meters to your left with that blonde air hostess. You felt a pang in your chest. Are they dating or something? Wait, why do I care? I don't. I just didn't expect him to be the type to have a girlfriend. Yeah, just curious, nothing else. 

You decided it was best to forget about such feelings, especially since that guy was a jerk. You got into the car as the worker put the suitcases into the trunk. "What's your destination, ma'am?" The driver asked.

"Um, New York University, sir." You smiled and placed your crutches aside, waving at the worker who helped you with your bags. 

The drive was around forty minutes and the whole time, you were admiring the tall buildings in the city. You loved the idea of city life. The gorgeous dresses, the extravagant parties, the night in the city. The rich life, essentially. You thought it was beautiful. Which is why you worked super hard to keep up your grades so you could get a good job. 

--

You finally reached the campus, the driver helping you with your bags. You told him that he didn't have to bring the suitcases to the room and you would find help from someone else, so you paid him and he left. You looked around to find anyone who could help you with your bags and you saw someone walk towards you. He had light ash-brown hair that reached his neck and his hazel eyes looked at you, making you feel welcomed. "Hey, I'm Jean. You look like you need help," He smiled and held one of your suitcases.

"Oh, that would be a big help. Are you sure you don't mind?" You nodded your head a little and smiled back at him, thanking him. 

"Of course not! Are you a freshie?" He held on to both your bags, following you to the dorm you were assigned to.

"Yeah, I am. Are you?"

"Yes, I am. What's your name, by the way?"

"Oh, sorry, I'm y/n. It's nice to meet you,"

"A pretty name for a pretty lady," He winked at you, making you laugh.

"Thank you, anyway, this is my dorm. Thanks a lot for the help!" 

"Oh, no way! This is Sasha's dorm! Y'all are gonna be roommates? Sick!" He put his hand up, asking for a high five. You managed to lift one hand off of your crutch to give him a high five.

"Yeah, I heard my roommate would be someone with the name Sasha. She's cool?"

"Oh, she's my best friend. It would be awesome if you hung out with us."

"Yeah, sure. I don't know anyone here anyway." You smiled, blushing. In your senior year of high school, you weren't lucky in the friend department. You only had Liam. So it felt good to make friends so easily after a long time. 

You opened the door to your room, waving goodbye at Jean. You placed your crutches to the side, being able to walk a little bit. You placed your suitcases by your bed and laid down. You pulled out your phone and noticed several text messages from Liam.

6:43 pm
Liam ~ babe, your flight landed, right?

6:58 pm
Liam ~ hey babe, how was your flight?

7:30 pm
Liam ~ baby, did you die or something?

7:42 pm
Liam ~ hello are you gonna respond dumbass

8:13 pm
Liam ~ dw babe, I'm planning your funeral right now!

This idiot... 

8:33 pm
You ~ sorry, i didn't check my phone for a while lmao. my flight was not very good. this guy twisted my ankle. but i did meet a cool guy on campus. he is friends with my roommate and he said she's pretty cool, so that's exciting. did you pack your stuff? your flight is tmr, right?

8:34 pm
Liam ~ ugh finally! also wtf? who was the guy? ima find that dick and beat him up. and it's good that your roommate is nice. and yes, my flight's tomorrow. i cant wait to see you, i miss you so much :(

You ~ dumbass, i saw you like eight hours ago lmao. but i miss you too. i don't know whether I'll be able to come to the airport, I'm using crutches rn.

Liam ~ dw abt it babe, ill come visit you tomorrow. be careful. i love you. now go to sleep, I'm sure you're tired.

He was right. You were tired. Even though you slept on the plane, you still wanted to sleep. So you texted Liam for a while and went to bed.