chapter 20

It had been a month since you and Eren confessed your feelings to each other, and honestly, it was going really well, which you didn't expect. Not that you didn't want it to go well. You did. But you were worried that Eren would be sick of the 'no labels' thing. But he wasn't, which was good. 

You hadn't seen any of Eren's friends in that month since college work had become super hectic and you couldn't go to any parties, but you didn't mind. You didn't even know if Eren told them. But you were sure that Armin knew, since he was Eren's best friend. And if Armin knew, Mikasa knew. You were a bit scared of her because of your last interaction, but you knew that she was just being protective. It pissed you off a bit, but you let it go. 

"Hey, pretty girl," Eren came up behind you and held your waist, resting his chin on your shoulder. You flinched a little, not expecting him to do that, or to see him at all.

"Fuck, you scared me," You chuckled, opening the door to your room.

"That was my plan," He laughed, going into the room with you. "Where's Sasha?" He looked around, not being able to find her in the room.

"Probably with Jean and Connie or Niccolo. She's one-hundred percent wasted from last night's party,"

"Right. You should've come, it was fun," Eren frowned as he sat on your bed, watching you put down your bag.

"I had a lot of studying to do. Maybe next time," You sighed, sitting next to him. 

"It's Thanksgiving weekend, so party?" Eren chuckled, lightly pushing your head down to lean on his shoulder, to which you complied.

"Hmm, maybe. If my parents don't call me," You rolled your eyes.

"What happened between you guys, if you don't mind me-"

"I don't mind. And I'll tell you. For my whole life," You sighed. "All they cared about was money and what other people thought about them. Not me or Historia,"

"That must suck," Eren said, leaning back to fully sleep on the bed, pulling you down with him. You smiled, resting your head between his shoulder and neck as he wrapped the arm you were sleeping on around you, rubbing your arm to comfort you.

TW: SELF HARM!!!

"Yeah, it does. And they'd always yell if we did anything wrong. Even when we were little. So Historia left. I didn't even wish for her to come back, but for her to take me with her. After she left, it only got worse. I was blamed for her disappearance and no matter what I did, they would never be happy. I went to the hospital too. For... harming myself," You paused and took a deep breath. 

"Even then, they blamed me. They didn't even try to ask what was wrong. So you can imagine how happy I was when I finally got into a college far, far, away from them," You lightly chuckled as you said the last part.

"You deserved better, y/n. Sorry that you and Chr- Historia had to go through that,"

"She's fine with being called Christa, you know,"

"Yeah, but now I know that's not even her name. And saying it to you feels weird,"

"Yeah, I get that," You nodded, moving closer to Eren. "How was your relationship... with your parents?" You hesitated to ask, knowing that it was a sensitive topic. You felt Eren tense up before he relaxed again, running his fingers through your hair, untangling the mess.

"It was good. I loved them, they loved me. My mom and I had the best relationship I could ask for. My dad always traveled because of work, but we still got along," He said after a moment. "You know... After they died," He paused, taking a deep breath.