chapter 46 [last chapter]

Eren sleeping at your house the day you found out he was alive was probably not how you thought you would spend your Thursday night, but there you were. Watching him get into your bed and fall asleep. You went to the couch, falling asleep almost immediately.

You expected to wake up with a sore neck since sleeping on a two-seater couch is not too comfortable. But you woke up with the sun in your eyes and a pillow under your head. You sat up straight, feeling the soft cushion underneath you. You looked around to find yourself in your bedroom. You turned around to find a sleeping Eren.

You instantly got up, trying to remember the events that led you to the bedroom.

You woke up around 4:45 in the morning, massaging your neck as it became sore. Why am I even on the couch? I'm going to my bed. You thought. You entered your dark bedroom and got under the covers.

You chuckled, realizing that you completely forgot Eren was here.

"I didn't mind," A deep voice spoke, pulling you out of your head. You turned around, seeing Eren look back at you. You felt your cheeks heat up as you walked out of the room.

Waking up next to Eren was something that was natural to you for two years. Until he "died". But today, it felt as natural as ever.

After freshening up, you headed to the kitchen to make breakfast to find Eren already heating up the stove. "Oh, stop. You don't need to do this," You reached for the pot, retracting your hand back as you touched the hot part. "Fuck," You whispered, blowing on your hand.

"Shit," Eren grabbed your wrist, using his other hand to get an ice cube from your freezer. He wrapped the ice cube in a paper towel and pressed it against your hand, relieving the burning sensation. "You've always been so clumsy," He chuckled as he shook his head. You looked up at him, seeing him take care of your slight burn.

It felt like the empty hole in your heart was filling up again.

He looked back up at you, his turquoise eyes meeting your [eye/color] ones. You saw his eyes change focus from your left eye to your right eye down to your lips and back up to your eyes. Your heart beat rapidly increased as Eren's lips parted, watching him lean in just the slightest bit. "I missed you so damn much," He whispered.

"I missed you too," You whispered back, a single tear drip running down your face. He watched it fall to your cheek, removing his hand from your wrist to catch your tear drop, wiping it from your face. He then slowly held your cheek, caressing your cheekbone with his thumb. "Eren," You whispered.

"Y/n, you know I love you so much. I've never stopped. I missed you every single day I was gone. All I ever wanted was to come back to you again," He confessed, making your heart ache a hundred times over.

"Every day after you died was torture for me. I couldn't live with myself, knowing that I was the reason you were gone," You recalled the pain that you felt, making your eyes burn and your nose start to sniffle.

"I hated myself for putting you through that. But I knew you would be safe if I left," He came closer to you, his lips centimeters apart from yours. He placed his soft lips on your forehead. You closed your eyes, taking in this moment, praying that it would never end. "I love you so much," He whispered against your head. "I'll never leave you again,"

"I love you, Eren," You sobbed into his chest as he wrapped his arms around you.

For the next few months, Eren was busy with interviews and easing back into life. He stayed in your apartment the whole time and little by little, the empty hole in your heart was filled up.

You two were not dating. No matter what anyone thought, you two were just easing yourselves into each other's lives again. Until he asked you.

"Y/n, are we married?" You dropped your pen the second those words came out of his mouth.

"What?" You turned to him from your desk.

"You said yes when I asked you to marry me, right? In that audio? You have the ring on," He gestured to your ring.

"Oh. Oh," You raised your eyebrows, wondering how to process this. He was alive now. And you did say yes. "Oh, uh,"

"Um, I guess that's a no," He shrugged.

"No! Wait, it's not, well, it's... it's complicated," You tried to say. And it was complicated.

"How?"

"I said yes when I thought you were dead,"

"So if I was alive you'd say no?"

"No, I meant like, you were dead, so we couldn't legally be married anyway,"

"I'm not getting what you're saying,"

"We're not married, is what I'm saying. But if you asked me, I wouldn't, uh, well,"

"So if I ask you right now...?" He slowly stood up from the bed, walking towards you.

"What are you doing?" Your eyes widened as he bent down on one knee. "Oh my god, Eren," You whispered as you covered your mouth.

"Y/n, I know I hurt you, and I know we've been through so much, and there's still so much that we have to do, but there's no one else I'd rather do that stuff with than you," He smiled, giving you butterflies as always. You started to tear up as he continued to speak. "You've been the love of my life since the moment I saw you. I knew that you were the one for me. When I heard you sing that one night, it made me fall in love with you even more. So will you, y/n l/n, do the honor of making me the happiest man alive and marry me? For the second time?" He pulled out a ring from his pocket, and it was probably the most beautiful ring you've ever seen. More than the one already on your finger.

You couldn't even process your words, so you nodded and knelt down to hug him. "I love you," You managed to say as you pressed your lips against his for the first time in seven years. "I love you so much," You smiled against his lips as he pulled you closer.

"I love you too, y/n," He replied.

"Congratulations to Eren and Y/n Jaeger! You may now kiss the bride," Eren dipped you, connecting his lips with yours as you held on to him tightly. You heard cheers and claps from all your friends, making tears threaten to spill from your eyes. There was nothing else you could've ever dreamed of other than being with Eren and all your friends, living your best lives.

The end.

Thank you for making this journey possible. I never would've imagined finishing this story months from when I started to write it. I'm so grateful. I'm so sad this journey has come to an end, but this end means a beginning for something new. I'll be happy to hear recommendations on what to write next from you guys.

Again, I love you all so much and I'm so so grateful.

Eternally thankful,
jaegerforever :)