chapter 26

"Karaoke? Again?" You whined, unpacking your backpack.

"Babe, c'mon, it'll be fun. Remember last time? You sang so well and I haven't heard you since then. Please," Eren begged.

"I don't know," You shrugged, wondering whether you should start singing again.

"Y/n, please. You're an amazing singer. I want to hear you sing again," Eren wrapped his arms around your waist from behind, snuggling his face in the side of your neck, kissing it softly.

Such a child.

You felt warmth travel to your ears as you ran a hand through his hair, contemplating whether to go or not.

"Fine," You gave in. Not because you decided to sing again, but it was very hard to say no to Eren.

"Yes! You're the best, baby. I'll see you later then, around 5? I have to go to rehearsals now," Eren kissed your cheek before heading to the door.

"Sounds good," You turned to smile at him. "I'll see you soon," You waved as Eren closed the door behind him. Recently, rehearsals had been longer and he had been coming back more tired. You couldn't blame him, his concert was in three months. From what Sasha had told you, there was a lot more work to be done. It worried you that Eren was possibly overworking himself but if he was, he was good at not showing it.

Five o'clock came around pretty fast since you spent your time studying and listening to Eren's music. After scrolling through your phone for a while, you heard a knock on the door. "Hey," Eren smiled, holding his hand out for you to take. You chuckled, grabbing your purse and taking his hand, closing the door behind you.

"How was your rehearsal?" You asked as Eren started the car.

"Today it was pretty tiring. Connie and Jean couldn't get the dance moves right, so we had to keep doing it over and over. And my throat kind of hurt, so I couldn't sing that well," Eren said, coughing in the middle.

"Are you sick?" You asked in concern.

"No, don't worry about me. I'm okay," Eren shot you a small smile before focusing on the road.

"Hmm, if you say so, Eren," You shrugged. You had a feeling he was sick, but he was too stubborn to admit it. Hopefully it wasn't that bad.

"Oh, how was your day with Mikasa? You guys went to the mall last Sunday, right?" Eren asked.

"It was really fun. Mikasa really is the best,"

"Yeah, she's a really good person once you get to know her. When I first met her, she was super quiet. But when we became closer, she was super nice and stuff,"

"Oh, for sure. I mean, the first time I met her was not pleasant. But after we worked it out, she's super cute," You laughed.

"I'm cuter,"

"Debatable,"

"I am,"

"Tch, we're here," Eren rolled his eyes, making you laugh.

"I'm joking," You leaned over to kiss his cheek, but Eren turned his face towards you to kiss you. He laughed as you rolled your eyes and got out of the car.

"I can't wait to hear you sing again," Eren wrapped his arm around you as you entered the karaoke room.

"Oh, stop," You lightly hit his arm.

"No, seriously. You have lots of talent, y/n. I just wish you would see it,"

"Thanks, Eren," You gave him a sincere smile as he picked out a few songs.