chapter 41

You wiped a few tears off of your face as you continued to read the letter.

To my dear Y/n L/n,

My first love. The love of my life. The woman I'll love until I die. If only we never met, you would be much happier.

I want to tell you what happened.

Right after my concert, when you went to meet Erwin, I got a phone call. It was your father. He told me to leave you so you would come running back to them. But I couldn't. I would never.

He started to threaten me.

"Listen here, fucker. If you don't break up with her, I'll kill her. Is that what you want? Do you want to be the reason she dies?"

"No,"

"Then do what I said,"

"Okay,"

I didn't want to, but I had to make you hate me so it'd be easier. So I pretended to cheat on you. I asked Mikasa for help. I made up some random situation so she would do it. It was the only option.

It was never her. It was always you. Every word I said to you that day hurt me like hell. I didn't mean any of it. I love you.

You are enough. You were always enough. You were too good for me. Too pure for me. I didn't deserve you at all, my love.

And I couldn't tell you about any of this. He'd know. I don't know how, but he would.

But even after I did that, you were succeeding in life. And I was so proud of you, believe me. I still am. My angel, achieving her dreams, I was so happy for you. You were doing so great. I listened to your songs all the time, even if they were about how shitty I was. I always wanted to pick up the phone and call you to tell you how amazing you were and how much I love you. I wanted to run back to you and hold you. But I couldn't. He'd know.

I missed you every second of every day. I never stopped loving you. Please know that.

Your father is terrifying, baby. So please, stay away from him.

Your father apparently didn't want you to succeed, so he made me do this. He told me to kill myself or he would kill you.

My love, I would never survive knowing that you were gone. I barely survived the whole cheating thing. I got drunk almost every day. My music career went to shit. Armin risked his career having to come to take care of me all the time.

So here it is. The last time I'll be able to communicate with you. But this letter will never be enough to convey my love.

If only I could hold you one last time.

If only we never met.

I love you forever. I'm sorry for everything, beautiful.

I had planned to give this to you in a few years, but I guess I can't do that anymore. So please, wear this for me.

Don't hold on to me

Don't hold on to me. Move on, you deserve someone better. I was too scared to do anything but listen to him. You can marry that Jay guy or whatever. I saw how he took care of you the day I called things off. And I've seen the way he looks at you during interviews and photos.

Please, my love. Be happy. That's all I've ever wanted for you.

- Eren Jaeger, your #1 fan :)

When you finished reading, you didn't even realize that your nose was running and tears were streaming down your face again.

You looked back at the envelope and noticed that there was something else in it. You took it out to find yourself holding a cassette. You pulled out a cassette player that you took from your parents house and immediately put the cassette in. You clicked play, waiting to hear his voice again.

"Hi, pretty girl," Eren's voice started playing. You felt your heart race at the sound of his voice. "I love you. Just know that. Always have, always will. I miss you a lot. This song's for you," He said as you started to uncontrollably sob again. It was getting so tiring to wipe them off of your face.

You listened as Eren's calming voice sang the most beautiful song you've ever heard.

(I Promise You - Yoolee [Freaking Romance OST])
Listen to it while reading!

I can try to sing a song
I can write a thousand melodies
But that don't matter 'cause
You're the missing part of me

All the love songs I sing
When I'm alone
What if we are more than just parallel lines?

You can push me a mile away
I will run to you always
Put us oceans far apart
Calm the seas to sail to you

Take a flight across the universe
Even under another sky
I will still find you
This I promise you

Should I question my sanity?
What if you are my only destiny?
Tell me we are meant to be
Just take a chance and fly with me

When two worlds collide
Take a deep look inside
What if we are more than just parallel lines?

You can push me a mile away
I will run to you always
Put us oceans far apart
Calm the seas to sail to you

Take a flight across the universe
Even under another sky
I will still find you
This I promise you

"Eren," You whispered, choking on your tears.

"Y/n, I hope you liked it. I wrote it just for you. And, please do me this one favor. Don't respond to it. But I've always wanted to ask you this. I fell in love with you the second I laid my eyes on you. You were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen before. I want to spend every day for the rest of my life with you. I want to call you mine forever. Y/n L/n, would you make me the happiest man on Earth and be my wife? I want to call you Mrs. Jaeger some day. Y/n Jaeger sounds as gorgeous as you. I love you, baby. Don't miss me too much," He chuckled as he ended the recording.

It was as if your heart fell out of your chest. The lump in your throat wouldn't disappear. You slowly put the ring he gave you on your left ring finger. Ignoring Eren's request for you not to respond, you attempted to swallow the lump in your throat to form words. "Yes," You managed to say through the tears. "In another life," You whispered.

In another life.

A/n - I couldn't keep you waiting <3 I love you all