chapter 17

"The food was really good," You told Eren, drinking the last sip of your water.

"Yup, it was," He nodded as he gulped down the last of his drink.

The two of you got up after Eren paid and he walked around to drape his arm around your shoulder. "So, what now?" He looked down at you with a smile.

"Umm, I don't know," You chuckled.

"We can always-"

"Eren?" A feminine voice called out.

"Huh? Oh, Christa? What are you doing here?" Eren looked behind him to see a blonde girl with a man with black hair. "What the-"

"What the fuck," You whispered as your eyes widened. You could feel your heart beating rapidly as you watched the girl behind you change expressions. "You..." Your breathing started becoming labored as thoughts ran through your mind. You didn't even pay attention to the fact that your cheating ex was here, just that blonde girl. Why is she here? Who is that? That can't be... "Sorry," You took a deep breath and whispered to Eren.

"Are you good? Let's get out of here," He rubbed your back.

"Y/n?" The same feminine voice called out to you. You turned fully towards her as she slowly walked up to you.

"What are you..." She ran towards you as your eyes began to tear up. For five years, you wondered where she was and every day you hoped that she would come back to you. And your wish finally came true. But for some reason, you still weren't happy. You needed answers.

"Y/n!" She cried out to you as her arms wrapped around you. She pulled you into a tight hug and snuggled her head into the crook of your neck. You could feel a liquid substance fall from her eyes as you realized who she was.

"Historia..." You whispered.

"I've missed you," She said between her sobs. At first, your heart broke, hearing her voice after five years. But anger immediately filled inside you as you remembered how she left you to your parents' mercy.

"You left me," You whispered as your eyes filled with tears. You pushed her away softly to see her face again. "Why'd you go?" You asked her. The question you've been dying to ask for years. She looked up to you with messed up mascara dripping down her face.

"I'm sorry," She said as she hugged you again. This time, tears ran down your face as you hugged her back.

"I missed you, so much, every single day," You cried. "You'll tell me later, right?" You felt her nod as the two of you had your arms wrapped around each other for who knows how long.

"Um, y/n?" Eren asked hesitantly.

"Oh, uh, sorry," You pulled away from the hug as you wiped your eyes. Eren handed you a tissue and you thanked him. "This is my sister," You pointed to the girl next to you,"

"Christa?" He looked at the two of you weirdly. "You guys don't look anything alike,"

"Christa?" You looked back to your sister.

"I changed my name," She gave you an awkward smile along with an awkward chuckle.

"Ah," You nodded. "I'm not calling you that," You snickered.

"Fine," She smiled.

"Oh, we are fraternal, by the way," You told Eren.

"Oh, makes sense," He nodded. "Well, sorry to ruin the moment but why is he here?" He pointed to the black haired guy whose jaw was on the floor.

"That's Liam," Historia told you.

"Yeah, I know, we dated for like three years," You muttered to her.