chapter 34

"Eren, we have to talk," You stood in the doorway of his apartment, crossing your arms. It wasn't good for the two of you to keep avoiding his conversation that was inevitably going to happen.

"Hm? About what?" He stood there, shirtless, leaning against the doorframe with no care in the world. His eyes were half asleep and his hair was disheveled, but you couldn't care less.

"Are you drunk?" You scrunched your nose to the reeking smell of alcohol coming from his apartment, so you pushed him aside and looked around to find many empty beer bottles lying on the floor. "Eren, what's going on?" You turned around and grabbed his arm, pulling him to the sofa to take a seat. "Is everything alright with you?" You stood up and walked behind the sofa right behind Eren. You untangled his hair and neatly tied it up in his usual bun.

"Stop that, I'm fine," His words slurred as he tilted back so you could see his full face upside down. As you took in his beautiful features, you noticed his half-open eyes start to tear up.

"Shut up, tell me what's wrong," You immediately sat down beside him and took his hand. Now was not the time to accuse him of cheating, and you honestly didn't care about that right now seeing that something was clearly wrong.

"How can I tell you when you told me to shut up?" Eren lightly chuckled, making you smile.

"Okay, tell me, what's bothering you?"

"I can't do this," He whispered, lifting his hand up to your cheek as he choked on the tears that were spilling from his eyes.

"Eren? You can't do what? Don't cry, what's wrong?" You placed your hand over his hand, using your other hand to wipe the tears off of his face.

"Nothing's wrong," He pulled his hand away from your face, making you frown.

"Don't lie to me, Eren,"

"Not lying, just go away," He turned to face another direction.

"Eren, don't do this. I'm here for you, you can tell me, I promise," It was frustrating to know that he was clearly hurting and he wasn't going to tell you.

"Get out, y/n. I can't do this right now," He rubbed his face with his hands and looked back at you with sober eyes.

"What? You know we have to talk about-"

"There's nothing to talk about. Just go,"

"Eren, what the fuck are you saying? I came here to talk about us,"

"And we don't need to talk about it. I told you to leave." His voice started to rise, making you angry.

"I'm not going to leave until we talk about how you're fucking cheating on me," You stood up, not being able to sit next to him. He stood up as well, with no expression on his face.

"So what if I am?" He yelled.

"What?" You whispered. If you were being honest with yourself, deep down, you didn't believe he was cheating on you. You really didn't. You always came up with the excuse that Mikasa and Eren were best friends, like siblings. She was always protective of him, and they spent so much time together. Even the encounter from two weeks ago, finding her in his bed. Maybe they were just watching a movie and stuff.

"What if I was cheating on you with her?"

"You are?"

"Maybe I am,"

"Oh," A tear fell out of your eye.

A long silence. A deafening silence. And you wished for him to say he was joking.