chapter 35

It had been a month since you and Eren ended things, and it was evident that you weren't even close to getting over it. Your friends tried everything, even set you up with people, but you refused. Other people weren't even in your head. Only Eren.

You didn't want to be so lame, thinking about a dude who cheated on you and pitied you, but every time you tried to think of something else, you were just reminded of him.

Music? Eren.

Fancy restaurants? Eren.

The color green or blue? Eren.

Traveling? Eren.

Even Sasha, Jean, and Connie reminded you of Eren, but they made you forget about him for some time.

"Y/n, why don't you write a song? That'll help you get your feelings out of you don't want to talk about it," Historia suggested. It actually wasn't a bad idea. You thought about doing that too. But you didn't know where to start.

"Maybe," You shrugged.

"Try it, you'll feel better. I promise," She rubbed your back, making you feel better.

"Yeah, I'll try,"

It took a few days to get some lyrics started in your head. You thought about your feelings for Eren and Mikasa and decided that it would be a good topic.

We broke up a month ago
Your friends are mine, you know I know
you've moved on, found someone new
One more girl who brings out the better in you
(Happier - Olivia Rodrigo)

You kept writing until you had a full written song, and found the perfect tune. This is great, you thought. Now was a good time to meet Erwin.

After calling him and arranging a meeting, you got your song ready and recorded a draft.

"This is talent," Erwin said, smiling. "I'm impressed. You are better than I thought," He chuckled.

"Thank you, you give me too much credit," You smiled.

"Of course I don't. In fact, I give you less credit than I should. Let's get your career started," He smiled, holding out his hand. You gave him yours and he shook it firmly.

Months passed, and in those months, you followed Historia's advice and poured your feelings out into song lyrics. You wrote many different songs and you were proud of your work. You were even feeling much better and Eren didn't consume your head 24/7.

"You're doing a lot better, girl. I'm proud of you," Sasha smiled.

"Thanks, I feel way better," You chuckled, finishing up school work.

"Your songs are releasing soon, right?"

"Yeah, next Friday,"

"Friday? You know what that means... party time!" Sasha jumped up and down.

"Parties, hm? Why not," You shrugged, remembering the last time you went to a party. It was with Eren.

"He won't be there, neither will she," Sasha whispered, making you laugh.

"They better not," You smiled.

"That's the right attitude," Sasha slapped you on the back, making you groan in pain. "It'll be a small party. I'll text everyone,"

"Alright, that's fine," You nodded, closing your laptop. "I have to head to the studio to finish up some things. I'll see you later," You waved to Sasha as you walked out the door, heading to the parking lot.