chapter 31

Two months had passed since Eren's huge concert. Since then, nothing out of the ordinary had happened. He continued to treat you well regardless of what he said on stage, but he'd been a lot busier recently since he had a new album releasing. You didn't mind since you had a lot of college work too, and thinking of a song to write also took up a bunch of your time.

Eren wanted to help you with the song, but you refused since you wanted it to be your own idea. There were many things to write about, like Eren, Liam, your parents, your sister, but none of them seemed to bring up any lyrics into your head. As you were sitting in Eren's living room, you continued to think of topics that could grow into a song, but you were interrupted by Eren's phone.

"Eren, your phone is ringing," You called out to him from the couch. You looked over to it, seeing Mikasa's caller ID. She's been calling a lot recently, you thought. But it didn't bother you, knowing that they were childhood friends. "It's Mikasa," You called out again. You haven't talked to Mikasa in a while either. Since hearing those rumors at his concert, you felt awkward, even though they weren't true. Eren came out from his bedroom, picking up his phone quickly. "Tell her I said hey," You whispered as he picked up the phone.

"Yeah, yeah. Hey Mika," He said, walking back to his bedroom. "Yeah, she's here," You faintly heard him say. You shrugged, not minding it, and continued to watch the TV. After a while, Eren came back, grabbing his wallet and keys. "I'm heading out, I'll be back in a few hours," He said, closing the door behind him without waiting for you to say anything.

After an hour, you got a call from Ymir, with whom you've been getting closer. "Hey, Ymir. What's up?" You asked, muting the TV.

"I just saw Eren at a jewelry store," She said in a sneaky tone. "Is he buying something for you?"

"Not that I know of," You chuckled. "If he was, why'd you spoil the surprise?" You teased. Your heart fluttered at the idea of Eren buying gifts for you.

"Sorry, I thought you knew. Anyway, what do you think he's- wait, oh, Mikasa's there too," She muttered.

"Mikasa?" You questioned.

"Yeah, they're looking at something right now. A necklace, I think,"

"Oh... uh... well he was talking to her earlier," You told her, not knowing what to say.

"He just put it on her,"

"What?"

"He bought it,"

"Oh," You were confused. You didn't really understand what was going on, but you trusted Eren. "Maybe he's just asking her for advice on what to buy for me as you said,"

"That's probably it. Anyway, I'll call you later, I'm heading to Historia's,"

"Sounds good, bye," You said, hanging up. You didn't really know what to think of what Ymir just told you right now, but you tried to not think about it. Overthinking wasn't something you did often, but you did it all the time when it came to relationships. You unmuted the TV, hoping it would take your mind off of it.

After a while, Eren came back, but empty-handed. "Hey, babe, where'd you go?" You asked, smiling.

"Oh, I met Armin. He wanted to talk about something," He said, making you lose your smile.

Lies.

"Oh, okay," You said quietly, turning back to the TV. Why would he lie? Maybe he doesn't want me to know that he went to the jewelry store, You reasoned. It made the most sense. You tried not to think about it but it didn't work. It wasn't that you didn't trust him. Of course you did, but your paranoia got the best of you. "Eren?" You called out after a few minutes.