chapter 1: bros before hoes

Chapter 1:
bros before hoes

Chapter 1:bros before hoes

✨✨✨

SEUNGYEON

Being in your 20s is weird. Everyone would be around the same age and living very different lives. Some still don't know what the shit they're doing with their lives while some are having their own families.

In my friend group, there's Jang Yeeun at the age of 24, just falling in love for the first time and then there's Oh Seunghee at the age of 27, still having the biggest battle against herself, probably sitting in her sad and dark room without doing anything. And then there's me, Chang Seungyeon at the age of 26, having a glass of red wine by the window of my 13th floor apartment, staring off into the sunset as I blast Rosario by Epik High on the speakers.

Wait, who am I kidding? I'm a mess too.
But at least, for now, there's good music.

________________

SEUNGHEE

“Who are you kidding? We haven't paid the bill for electricity for last month!” Mom says as I'? trying to get work done. She barges into my room, yelling. “Oh Seunghee! Don't you see our lights flickering?” Like shit, what do I do? Summon my undiscovered telepathic abilities and glare at the lights to stop flickering?

I continue typing on my laptop. “I gave you money to pay that last month.”

“What? You didn't! Would I ask you for the payment if you already gave it? Oh Seunghee, what do you take me for?”

“I have a list.” I try to keep my calm but I can feel my concentration quickly slipping away from the world I'm trying to escape to.

“Eonni! My birthday is in three weeks. Can we throw a party at home, please?” My nineteen year old brother peeks by the door, giving me his puppy eyes.

“We can throw a small party for the family, Minjoon.” I say.

“But I have so many friends to invite over!”

“And we have so many bills to pay.”

“Yah, Seunghee, can't you throw that party for your brother? He's leaving high school! Your recent drama is doing well. Royalties must be coming in.” Mom says like she wasn't just asking me to pay the bills about ten seconds ago.

I finally shut my laptop, staring at my clipboard, at the many things that I still have to do.

It's okay. Count to three.