chapter 3: the one that got away

Chapter 3:
the one that got away

Chapter 3:the one that got away

✨✨✨

SEUNGYEON

“WHAT IS THIS? WHY ARE YOU TAKING OUT MY THINGS?” I ask my manager, Yujin, when I wake up and there are men all over my house, carrying my stuff.

Yujin looks at me as though I'm the biggest mistake to ever happen in her entire life. “I knew you were drunk talking! I knew you wouldn't remember!”

“Calm down. You sound like a girlfriend I slept with and said ‘I love you’ to.”

The good thing about Yujin being my head manager is that we're the same age and aside from Yeeun and Seunghee, I think she's the next closest person to me.

“You went on a house haunt last night with your best friends! And you scheduled a moving company to take out your things exactly at 9AM, that's what you texted me. You said you don't care about living in some luxurious apartment if you feel lonely everytime you get home.”

“I didn't say that!”

“You said you don't care whatever the company says since they're dropping you anyway.”

“Wait, what? They are dropping me?”

“No! That's what you said!” Yujin grabs her phone and shows me a long ass text message that I apparently sent like she's showing her strong piece of evidence to the court. “You paid three months advance, two months deposit and you signed the contract at the office of the real estate agent. You will now live with Seunghee and Yeeun.”

I sit down on the couch, probably the only thing they haven't moved yet from the living room. “Woah, how much did I drink yesterday?”

_____________

SEUNGHEE

I wake up in an unfamiliar place, on the cold floor and I could smell the weird scent all over aside from the alcohol one coming from my own mouth. I sit up, feeling a backache.

“What is this place?” I mutter, squinting my eyes around. There's not a single furniture in this place and some parts of the wallpapers are already coming off. Was I kidnapped? What the—

My phone beeps. Oh God. I have my phone, okay.

3 text messages

1 from Cha Hyun Jin

My heart skips a beat as I go on a quick battle inside my head whether to open it or not. Why? Why is my ex texting me?