chapter 21: ghost of you

Chapter 21
Ghost of you

Chapter 21Ghost of you

| YEEUN |

I've been so busy for the past week with our new coffee shop agendas that even when my phone was always ringing and constantly getting email notifications, I haven't really paid much attention to it.

I thought I would be excited to finally have some company job offers. When I thought about the coffee shop back then, it's just supposed to be a place I'd use to let time pass until I get opportunities again but right now, I actually want to stay for a little while longer. Live in the moment.

Today is Wednesday, my day off, and Sungjae asked me if I have plansㅡthat if I want, I could go with him and Eunbin to the latter's vacation house because her parents want to meet me now that they both have talked so much about me.

But I'm here standing in front of Joon's house instead and after all this time, my heart still beats the same way it did whenever I'm about to see him.

Honestly, due to my days being busy, I haven't had much time to think about him but whenever I pass by the places where we used to go, it's like being haunted by the ghosts of the past. Sometimes I still can't believe that Joon is out of my life.

And during the days I'd laugh with Eunbin and Sungjae, be completely fine with my friends, Seungyeon and SeungheeㅡI couldn't believe I used to spend nights crying about him.

He opens the door, looking genuinely surprised to see me. He's wearing a navy blue shirt and grey shorts and his hair is so messy it's like he just got out of bed. We stare at each other for a moment. “...Yeeun?”

* * *

| SEUNGYEON |

“ARE THEY CRAZY?” I ask in disbelief when I wake up this morning even now as I'm drinking coffee, I'm still in the same disbelief.

Seunghee sighs in the couch. “Who do you think leaked out the information? You just cleared your name. This seems a little too intentional. A dating news right now isn't good.”

“BUT ARE THEY INSANE?” I ask again. “It would be more believable for me if Hwiyoung and I broke up a few months ago. Right, Dispatch could be mistaken in that case. But now? It's been almost two years! Hwiyoung and I haven't even talked in so long!”

“I know it's hard to calm down right now, but we need to find the source of this first.”

If I was an emoji, I would be the one with smoke coming out of its nose. “Source? Who else? It's probably HM. Aish, those petty bastardsㅡno, if we spent seven years together, at least do not be petty when it's time to part ways! Why won't they leave me alone?”