chapter 19: turning tables

Chapter 19
Turning tables

Chapter 19Turning tables

SEUNGYEON

When you're a public figure, one of your biggest fears would be to wake up in the morning with hundreds of headlines about you. Whether it's good or bad, you still get this heart skipping sensation when you see your name all over the internet.

This time, it's bad. Again.

I rub my eyes and look down at the screen. I'm about to read the comments about myself when I hear a knock on my door. “Seungyeon-ah, are you up?” Seunghee asks.

“Yeah, why?”

“I'm in a mood for jogging. Come with me.”

I snort, opening the door. “Go alone.”

“You need to maintain your shape and I need to release stress.”

“I can't go out. What if I get recognized? Did you see the articles-”

“Dress like Chang Seungyeon wouldn't.”

Yeeun comes out of her room, rubbing her eyes and scratching her head. “I'll make breakfast. Good morning.”

“Come with us.” Seunghee says.

“I said I'll make breakfast.” Yeeun repeats, heading to the kitchen without another word.

“Aish, this brat.”

I chuckle at how she can't do anything about Yeeun. “Wait here.” I say, shutting the door on her face.

* * *

“I am going to die.” Seunghee pants, bending over her knees.

“Come on, just a little more. We're almost there.” I say without stopping.

“You're a beast!”

“You're the one who wanted to go jogging.”

Moments later, after Seunghee's hundred pauses, we reach the side of the river where we sit side by side. Seunghee gulps her bottled water.

“What are you stressed about? Cha Hyunjin again?” I ask.

She snorts. “Please.”

“I'm right.”

“What about you? Are you okay?”

I sigh. “Not that I belittle your feelings for Cha Hyunjin but sometimes I wish all I stress about is an ex boyfriend I dumped.”

“You're mean!”

I grin. “I'm half kidding. I know Cha Hyunjin isn't the only thing you stress about.”