chapter 18: in control

Chapter 18: In control

SEUNGHEE

We play Truth or Dare like what Haneul said and the most excited of them all are Soojung and Sehyeon. Thankfully, their first question to me is something I could handle.

“What do you do when you're sad?” Soojung asks.

“Ah, what kind of question is that? Ask her something juicy!” Sehyeon complains.

“Shut up. My questions are the best to get to know someone.”

I smile at them and say, “I write.”

“Aish, cliché. You just write?” Soojung asks.

“No, but mostly, I just write. I write down all my pent up emotions. Sometimes, I turn off all the lights in the room and close my eyes in the silence.” I answer.

“Don't you fall asleep?” Sehyeon asks.

“Sometimes, but you know when you have too much going on in your head, it's hard to fall asleep.”

“Do you have a hard time sleeping lately?” Haneul asks.

“From time to time.”

“Aigoo, it'll be fine, Seunghee. I've been there too. I even took sleeping pills. I still take them sometimes.” Soojung says.

“I just drink wine. Lots of wine.” Sohee says with a chuckle.

I look at all of them as they continue with the game. Everyone must be going through something too. It must be just as hard for them as it is for me. My eyes meet Hyunjin's but I quickly look away when my name is called.

“Seunghee-ya, what makes you happy?” Sehyeon asks. “This should be interesting.”

I grin. “Writing.”

They all go, “AHHH” in disappointment and that makes me smile.

“This girl is the real deal. I have to read your work soon. You really love writing.” Soojung says.

“What other things make you happy aside from writing?” Sehyeon asks desperately, it's kinda funny.

“Hmm, hanging out with my friends. Being able to help out with my family.”

“No, no, you alone. When you're alone.”

“Aside from writing, hmm, I like...” My eyes go to Haneul and I'm kinda surprised to see him looking so invested staring at me. “...singing.” I say. A small smirk forms his mouth. I subtly frown at him before looking away. “I like going to the beach. It's calming, but who doesn't like that? I like being alone. Reading, listening to music, playing music, eating good food. I'm just normal, not interesting.”

“You're right.” Sehyeon says jokingly.

“What do you mean? Those are fun things that make her happy.” Soojung counters before looking at the others. “What about you guys? Let's see if your answers changed.”