chapter 13: ruined

Chapter 13:
Ruined

**tw: sexual harassment**

YEEUN

“You don't understand!”

Words that somehow always made it to the dialogue when two characters would fight. Why? We probably don't understand each other because we didn't want to explain or maybe we know that even if we explained, nothing much would change, or maybe we're afraid of the oppositeㅡof everything changing so drastically, of losing what we've gained.

Joon's thick brows furrow, his face is slightly flushed either because he's really angry or because he's been rubbing his hands on his face as if that would sober him up from this hallucination.

But this isn't hallucination. I'm having my first quarrel with my boyfriend. The first big one, it seems.

How do couples get out of this without breaking in two?

“Of course, I don't understand! Do you know how worried I was about you?” He asks. “I kept calling you. I kept texting you. What else would I do when my girlfriend who's supposed to be meeting my parents suddenly disappeared?”

“There is a reason—”

“And what? I see you getting off of some other guy's car? And you're smiling?”

“It's not like that.”

“That's what it looks like to me!”

“Oppa, can we not do this here?”

“Where do you wanna do this? Would you rather have your friends watch this?”

“Joon oppa—”

Joon sighs, calming down and looking away. “I'm so embarrassed by my parents. You had no idea how hard I tried just to convince them to meet you.”

“I know but oppa—”

“Was it that hard to text? Or give me a quick call? At least, let me know if you were alright!”

I stare at Joon and all I could think about was, he wasn't listening to me.

I step back a little and nod. “I admit that was wrong. I should have called you. I'm really sorry if I worried you, for disappearing like that. I wouldn't have liked it if you did that to me either. I'm sorry.” I say calmly.

Joon looks at me.

“But oppa, you know, that's not really what's making you mad right now.”