chapter 22: family ties

Chapter 22: Family ties

Article headlines, 8AM, Thursday

HWI YOUNG'S AGENCY RELEASES A STATEMENT ABOUT RECENT DATING SCANDAL WITH "EMPTY SPACE" CO-STAR, CHANG SEUNG YEON

CHANG SEUNG YEON AND HWI YOUNG ALLEGEDLY BROKE UP TWO YEARS AGO

IS HM ENTERTAINMENT STIRRING UP SCANDAL FOR CHANG SEUNG YEON? READ ABOUT THE RECENT UPDATES ON THE ACTRESS...

* * *

SEUNGHEE

“Happy birthday, our Minjoon!” I just pop up in the house with a box of cake and I'm surprised to see an actual party there, not a big one but all of Minjoon's closest friends seem to be there.

His eyes widen. “NOONA! I thought you wouldn't come!” He says, running towards me. “Is this my cake?” He asks.

“Why wouldn't I come? Just because you're such a brat doesn't mean you don't deserve a special birthday.” I say, ruffling his hair. “Why are you so excited about the cake? Didn't mom buy you one?”

“I did tell him I'll buy one but he kept telling me you'll bring it.” Mom says from the kitchen.

“I told you noona isn't too busy for me.” Minjoon says with pride. I snort, going to the table to get food.

“You're twenty now. Get yourself together, Minjoon-ah.” I tell him.

“I'm preparing for college well!” He says defensively.

“You better.”

“Noona, can my friends sleep over in your room tonight?” He asks.

I look at his friends and they all smile at me like they're angels but I know better at that age. “Of course, just don't touch anything I would touch.”

“Ahh, noona, seriously? Just this once, please.”

I sigh. “Don't touch my things except for the bed. Don't remove anything and don't take anything. Just sleep.”

They all cheer up. Ahh, kids. I miss the times when all Yeeun, Seungyeon and I knew was make trouble.

I'm eating while watching the kids have their own world when I got a message from Hyunjin: Can we meet up for a while tonight? I need to talk to you.

“What is it? Do you have to go?” Mom asks.

“Huh?”

“You have this face like it's emergency.”