chapter 12: broken hearts

Chapter 12:
Broken hearts

Chapter 12:Broken hearts

YEEUN

When you see the person who's made your life a living hell, first, your whole world stops and then you get drowned with flashbacks of images inside your head and you don't hear or see anything else.

“Yeeun-ah!”

I come back to my senses to find Yook Sungjae shaking me by the shoulders with a worried look on his face. A small gasp escapes my lips as I look up at him, feeling disoriented.

“What's wrong? You look so shaken. I came to greet you.”

“Oppa”

“What is it? Tell me.”

And then you seek help from the first person you see even if it failed you a couple of times before, you still hope it'll work someday. “Help me.”

* * *

I didn't really know that Yook Sungjae has a car and when I asked him to help me, he says a quick good bye to his friend and drives me around the city since when he asked me where we should go, I said I don't know.

I really didn't know.

Joon has been calling my phone and I let it vibrate on my lap.

I'm in on my head through the whole drive. Sungjae didn't ask anything at that time. Instead, he drives us to the nearest beach from Seoul.

He finally looks at me and says, “Wait here. I'll buy us food. You probably haven't eaten, right?”

I just nod.

Sungjae unbuckles his seatbelt. “Okay, I'll be back.”

When he left, I finally cried.

    “Help! Sunbaenim, help me. Our boss—”

    “I'm sorry, Yeeun-ah, I don't want to get involved. This job is very important to me.”

    “Is anyone there? Help me, please...”

    “Ahjussi! Ahjussi, help me. I want to go home.”

    “I would like to report on the CEO of...”

    “Do you have a proof? This is a huge accusation you're making, ahgassi.”