chapter 11: so casually cruel

Chapter 11:
So Casually Cruel

Chapter 11:So Casually Cruel

YEEUN

“What if we put out different special drinks each day? Or a special menu where they can get a small discount if they order everything together?” I suggest as Sungjae and I sit in the close coffee shop, talking about how we can improve our sales. Apparently, those things are managed by him too.

“Hmm, good idea. We've tried special drinks before but not the special menu yet.” He says thoughtfully writing down on his notes.

Sungjae is tapping the tip of the pen repeatedly against his chin as he thinks. “Oppa,”

He looks at me. “What?”

I try not to smile. “You know the pen is out, right? It's writing on your chin.”

“Oh, what?” He quickly straightens up and looks at himself through the nearest mirror. “Aish... it looks like a beard.”

I grin. “Have you ever done a cup sleeve event?” I ask as he wipes his chin with a wet tissue.

“Cup sleeve event?”

I nod. “It's really popular among the young people. You know, you put their favorite celebrities as our cup's sleeves. They usually do it during birthdays or anniversaries.”

“Oh, really? I've never heard of that before.”

“It will get a lot of fans coming in, more sales and sometimes celebrities even visit these shops, so it's a good marketing technique.”

Sungjae nods. “How did you know about this?”

“I've been to one...” I reply.

He looks at me. “Yah, don't tell me you still fangirl?”

I smile. “I do. What's wrong with that?”

“No,” Sungjae replies quickly. “It just didn't seem like you. Which groups do you like?”

“Pentagon.”

“I like Blackpink.”

“Who doesn't like Blackpink?”

“Let's do a Blackpink cupsleeve.” Sungjae says excitedly. His whole face lights up.

I laugh. “You need to get their fans to book us first.”

“Oh, aish, what if Jennie comes?”

“I doubt.”

“You said celebrities come to these events!”

“I said sometimes. Sometimes.”

I suggest more marketing ideas to him while we're not opening yet and then I explain the pros and cons of how they might affect the shop and its image.