chapter 17: camp creativity

Chapter 17:
Camp Creativity

Chapter 17:Camp Creativity

SEUNGYEON

I have expected to hear something like "Are you crazy?" from my friends when I told them that I want to launch my own entertainment company, be my own boss, continue acting. Instead, they say:

"Are you that rich?" Seunghee asks.

"Are you okay, eonni?" Yeeun asks softly.

"Take me with you." Yujin says.

I grab my glass of cold beer and gulp it. "To answer your questions, yes, I did earn quite a lot in seven years. I'm okay. And Yujin-ah, if you're serious about that, I would love to take you with me."

Seunghee stares at me. "You're really serious about this. Woah. I need a drink." She says, grabbing my glass and drinking from it.

"Eonni, how come I didn't know you're that rich?" Yeeun asks.

"She's one of the highest paid actresses in the country before the scandal happened." Yujin says.

"That's insane. Were you just that humble that I didn't notice?" Seunghee asks. “No, I didn't realize even when you bought beds for me and Yeeun.”

"Girls, focus. What do you think? I didn't renew my contract with HM. I'm done. I really can't believe they wouldn't bat an eye for me in times like these." I say, snatching my glass from Seunghee and drinking more.

"But Seungyeon-ah, even the highest paid actors in the country have never launched their own agency. There's a lot to be done. I just want to know if you can handle it." Yujin says worriedly.

"And will you be able to return to acting while you're on the process of launching your own company?" Seunghee asks.

I turn to Yeeun. She blinks at me. "What?" She asks.

"Any objections?"

"No, do whatever you want, eonni, if you think you can." She says, not bothering to stop eating.

I smile at her. "Will you work in my company?"

She coughs, putting her chopsticks down. "What?"

"I'll hire you."

"But I don't have experience in that sec-"

"You like idols. You'll have the freshest ideas."

"You're not an idol."

"It's almost the same, just slightly better. Think about it. I'm serious." I tell her.

"Oh, right, Yeeun-ah, I might stay for some time in your coffee shop. I'm doing a research about a coffee shop employee and the daily life in the business. I already told Eunbin, so expect to see me there." Seunghee says.