chapter 15: saying good bye

Chapter 15:
Saying goodbye

Chapter 15:Saying goodbye

SEUNGHEE

The proposal, seven months ago

     Hyunjin was acting weird since yesterday. He kept asking me if I really love him, so, of course, I'd say I love him. Well, I really do, but it's still not like him to ask so many times in a day.

     “Are you okay? You're not starting to be paranoid about how I feel for you, right?” I joked that morning before he goes to work. I was checking my phone and I just got my first payment from the web drama gig I got that's just coming out three months from now.

     “No, of course, you love me.” Hyunjin said smiling. He leaned over for a kiss. “I'll see you later?”

     “I don't know. I'll let you know. I probably have to write a lot today. I have a deadline chasing me.”

     “Aigoo,” he said, ruffling my hair. “You're too hard working for your own good.”

     “This is just the beginning. I'll treat you to dinner instead but tomorrow.”

     He stopped for a second. “Tomorrow?”

     “Yeah, why? Will you be busy?”

     “No! Tomorrow will be perfect.”

     “Okay.”

     “I'm leaving. I love you!”

     “Love you too! Drive safely!”

     I finished my last draft of ‘To The Sky’ that night.

* * *

     The night that followed, I was getting ready for my dinner date with Hyunjin when my mom came over to my room. “Another date with Hyunjin?”

     “What would couples do if they don't go on dates from time to time?”

     “Why don't you two just get married? He's obviously crazy for you and you've been staying more and more over his house these days.”

     “Mom, it's too early for that. I just got my first job as a writer and I'm waiting until Minjoon finished college.”