chapter 8: never going back

Chapter 8:
never going back

Chapter 8:never going back

✨✨✨

SEUNGHEE

I'm in a pub near KBC building after my encounter with Cha Hyunjin and the fact that I almost submitted my resignation letter to Kang Haneul today. I order another bottle of soju and put more meat on the grill before I reach for my bag to get the resignation letter.

I just want to read it again. Maybe if I read it again, something will be able to change my mind about quitting.

“Have you heard about the new drama that will be produced by the PD of To The Sky?”

“Yeah, I'm so excited. To The Sky was so good. I didn't even expect it.”

“Right. I only watched it because of Jaemin oppa's first lead role but the storyline really got me.”

I stop and look at the two girls talking about TV dramas.

And I want to cry. What is wrong with me? Why am I quitting such a huge opportunity? Why did I walk away when Hyunjin got on one knee that day?  Quitting this project means I'll have no stable income for a while until another opportunity knocks on my door and that is driving me insane but all I could worry about is how Minjoon is supposed to afford college if I don't work.

The server puts the two bottles of soju on my table along with some table napkins and then leave after giving me a sympathetic smile. That's when I realize that I've been crying silently. I quickly wipe my tears away and return to my bag.

My heart skips a beat when I don't find it.

“No, I'm sure I didn't give it to him...” I mutter, rummaging my bag. Another tear rolled down my cheek. God. I can feel myself on the verge of breaking down and I don't like it.

“Ahjumma! Please give me a bowl of jajangmyeon and one serving of samgyeopsal.”

I look up by hearing the familiar voice and I find Kang Haneul sitting right in front of me. Our eyes meet. I rub mine, my skin gets a little wet from my own tears. “Kang Haneul-ssi... what are you doing?” I ask after clearing my throat.

“I haven't had dinner.” He simply replies. “It's not awkward if I sit here, right? Everywhere else is taken.”

I look around. There's still a few seats that are free. I turn back to him as he is served jajangmyeon and samgyeopsal.