chapter 5: as long as i'm here no one can hurt you

Chapter 5:
as long as i'm here, no one can hurt you

Chapter 5:as long as i'm here, no one can hurt you

YEEUN

“You're so smart but you have no patience.” My younger brother says and it takes my everything not to smack the back of his head with the couch cushion.

“You have no idea about adulting, so shut up.”

“How could you leave a job you've been dreaming of in just ten days? And instead of money, you got a boyfriend.” He says, snickering.

“Yah! Jang Ri Eun!”

He must have seen how serious I am so he rolls his eyes and leaves me alone, walking back to our room.

I put down the bag of chips that I've been holding, losing appetite for the snack. I grab my phone and look for part-time jobs instead while I'm waiting, hoping for other companies to call me for interview.

seunghee: where are you? show your face. when are you moving in? i'm talking to my family about moving out tonight. wish me luck

I smile as Seunghee's message pops up.

yeeun: i can't believe you guys are serious about moving in together. let me get a job first.

seunghee: move in first, then get a job. you'll have your own room instead of sharing with rieun.

Hmm, that makes me think.

Yes, I'm 24 years old and I still share the bedroom with my 17 year old brother who does nothing but play Mobile Legends until 2 A.M. We're raised by a single mom so this two-bedroom apartment is the best we've got.

Our mom gave everything to get me to finish college. Partial scholarships I managed to get helped but barely.

—SYS GIRLS

seungyeon: girlssss good news

seungyeon: our homeroom teacher said she'll help me clear my name!!!

seungyeon: and u girls will help me too thanks to ur awesome high school records lol

yeeun: wdym

seunghee: she meant ur top grades. but what did i do???

seungyeon: apparently our former teacher loved reading your writings

seunghee: oh wow i always knew i liked mrs. park

yeeun: gaaaaaaah i hope u fix this soon eonni. you don't deserve this!!