chapter 7: pushing boundaries

Chapter 7:
Pushing boundaries

Chapter 7:Pushing boundaries

YEEUN

I'M A SUPER HOT CALL ME FUNKY WINKY BOY (THAT'S ME)
YEAH, MOVE YOUR BODY, YEAH!

I am screaming my lungs out as I finally put up the last Pentagon poster that I have in my new room. I have an afternoon shift today, so I have taken the morning liberty to organize my new bedroom. Rieun never allowed me to put up posters of my favorite K-Pop groups. He said that he would rather sleep in the couch than have his friends see K-Pop boys and girls in our shared bedroom whenever they'd come over.

I've been trying to figure out where to assemble the bed that Seungyeon impulsively bought out of stress, according to herself, when someone pulls down my headphones. The music fades away replaced by Seunghee's frustrated voice. "YEEUN-AH!"

"What? You scared me." I say, having my heart legit beating fast.

"I'm trying to write! And you've been screaming your lungs out for more than fifteen minutes to the point that I can't type anything but the lyrics to the songs that you're singing!"

I chuckle, grinning sheepishly. "Oop, sorry, eonni. I wasn't allowed to even sing this loud at home. Rieun doesn't like it."

"Who's older? You or Rieun? Why are you letting him boss you around? Anyway, just keep it low."

"I'm only on the fourth song of the album..."

"Jang Yeeun!"

"I'll zip my mouth, promise!"

"I would be grateful." She says dramatically before walking out of my room. I giggle as she disappears. I put my headphones back on and tried not to sing.

After yesterday, I'm such in a good mood. For the first time in a long time, I'm excited to go to work too.

* * *

SEUNGYEON

I come home after having a meeting with the legal team that my company finally got for me. CEO Ji Myeong Sun must have felt guilty by my outburst. Even though they have told the public that they're investigating this case, it's only now that they really started it. I don't know which about the things I said finally pushed Ji Myeong-sun to take action.

Seunghee runs past me in a hurry. Her hair long hair is still slightly wet. She puts on her shoes, greeting me. "Hi, Seungyeon-ah. Bye, Seungyeon-ah."

"Where are you going?"

"Work. I almost forgot I have to meet with a writer from Thailand today. See you later!"

"Okay, good luck... if you need it." I say but she already shut the door.

I walk over to the couch and sit down. Yeeun must have gone to work too or I would have heard music from her room. She has finally moved in her things last night with the help of Rieun and she's been blasting K-Pop songs until 10PM and starts again this morning at 10AM before I left.