chapter 23: hearts do heal

HAPPY 1K TO 'ANOTHER LEVEL'!!
THANK YOU FOR READING MY FANFIC AND LOVING CLC!!!!! IM NOT SCREAMING IM JUST EMPHASIZING.

* * * *

“the flowers in my heart have
bloomed again, but they are
not for you anymore”
—mansi

“the flowers in my heart havebloomed again, but they arenot for you anymore”—mansi

Chapter 23
Hearts do heal

SEUNGHEE

“She asked me if I like you.”

“Oh,” I said, taking a huge sip from my glass of beer. “So, what did you tell her?” I asked glancing at him with a chuckle that I hope didn't sound too awkward.

Haneul smiled, taking his own glass. “That I don't date a co-worker anymore. I've learned enough not to mix work and personal life. I wish I wouldn't.”

“Did that answer the question?”

“No, so she asked me another question.” He said after drinking. “She asked if I still want to see you once this project is over.”

I was listening to the steady beat of my heart slowly getting louder. I didn't ask anything this time.

Haneul chuckled. “You're not asking my response this time.”

“Why is Sohee asking such things?” I asked, feeling my cheeks heat up so I drank again.

“I told her yes.” Haneul said. I wasn't able to look at him. “I told her I'd still want to see you even after this project.”

I would too but I'm not sure whether that's because it's normal for people who worked together in good terms or it's something else. All I knew was that my heart beat has started going crazy.

“Still... I wonder if she got the answer she wants.” I said, eating the grilled meat even though I was mostly full from Minjoon's birthday food.

“I don't think so.” Haneul said. “But I think she understood.”

* * *

“You're crazy. You're crazy. Stop thinking about it!” I said, lightly slapping my cheek a few times.

“Eonni, don't. Writers are naturally a little crazy.” Sorn said.

I sighed. “Sorn,”

“Eonni,”

“Do you like someone?”

“No, I don't have the luxury of time to like someone.” She replies quickly. “Why? Do you like someone right now?”

My eyes widen, somehow feeling defensive. “No! It's... a character research.”