thirty

"Isn't that his latest song?" Said Hannah as she pointed to the video playing on my laptop screen as the sound came out through the big speaker.

"What?! This song came out four years ago, Hannah!" I shouted laughing.

"How-dare-you!" I said hitting her with a pillow each time I spoke a word. Nobody disrespects my favorite artist like that. She yelled and laughed while Jo just kept scrolling on her phone watching how her two children hit each other in a very ridicule way.

"Excuse moi" She said mocking me with a funny face on whilst I trapped her arms against her chest. Her blonde hair was a disaster on the bed and her mascara was slightly run from the fighting. The three of us had been the whole afternoon enclosed in my room. I could even smell it now, maybe even taste it 'cause the air was dense.

"I'm gonna open the windows, I think Hannah farted" I joked, getting up from the bed where Jo was all crawled up in a corner and Hannah laid now in a form of a starfish.

"Dumb bitch" Hannah mumbled while searching for her phone moving her hand all around with no effort trying to find it between the cushions.

I opened the window and took a deep breath sticking my head out of the window, then got to my table where some glasses with drinks and juice laid next to my laptop that now played a different song. Taking a random cup I let the orange liquid pour down my throat refreshing it in its way down, but also leaving a unpleasing taste in the back of my tongue.

Knock-knock

Jo stood up from the bed silently and opened herself finding out a tall boy at the other side of my dorm.

"Visit?" She said turning her head towards me as I almost spit all the juice over my chin. Hannah got up really quickly and looked at me just like Jo was.

"Oh! Erhm... this is Lucas, he is from Spain he came yesterday. These are Jo and Hannah"

My friends suddenly became all quite and shy, simply nodding at Lucas' presence.

"Nice to meet you" Lucas replied and then a extremely uncomfortable silence invaded us.

We were still at my room door, Lucas standing in the hallway watching the three of us and probably thinking how bad my room smelled. He had gone to bed after that lunch I promised yesterday because he felt quite jet lagged. And now his eyes were big and his fingers nervously playing with each other. The silence continued some seconds more until I interrupted.

"Do you need something?"

"Well, I'd like to shower and I need a towel" He explained with a slight accent. You couldn't really tell where was he from just by his accent actually.

Lucas pupils traversed the three of us rapidly, changing from one to another, not knowing where to exactly look. Gladly, for him and for everyone, once we had found some words he only payed attention to my eyes as I nodded and got out of my room showing him where we kept all our towels.

"You can come here and grab anytime you need one" I said to him reaching the top shelf of the hallway closet in my tip toes and giving him a grey, long towel.

"Thanks" He said.

"Tell me if you need anything and I'll go" I said.

"I mean, not in the shower, of course" I specified.

"Well, if you really need something I can go" I continued. My words got worse as I spoke and spoke. Lucas laughed lightly, showing a smile as he pressed lip against lip.

"It's okay, I get you" He said shutting me up, fortunately.

"Yep" I said and watched him get enclosed in the bathroom.

I walked the little steps you needed to get back to my room from the front door of the bathroom. Damming my stupid self.

"Wow Maia, how attentive you are" Mocked Hannah.

"Shut up, I got nervous and almost told him I could go to the shower with him" I say and both start laughing.

"You did what?"

"I said almost. I was just offering help" I cleared out.

"Is he coming to school?" Asked Jo.

"Of course he is, what is he going to do then?" I said angry with myself of how lame and awkward I had been just some seconds ago.

"I just can't wait to see how Harry will react" Said Hannah carelessly playing with her phone case.

My brow lifted.

"If he comes..." Added Jo.

"Why Harry? He couldn't care less" I say.

"Yeah, there's an unfairly attractive, brunette, green-eyes boy living in your house but he will be perfectly fine with it. Keep dreaming..." Exposed Hannah.

I was speechless.

"Okay, okay, okay... First of all, unfairly attractive? Second of all, Harry treats me as a joke, he is not going to be jealous or whatever shit you're thinking. Third of all, how could he be jealous? He doesn't like me or anything similar, I assure you that. And fourth of all, if he did, I couldn't care less"

Hannah smirked and I looked at Jo trying to find a decent answer from her but I just saw her brows lifting in uncertainty avoiding a laugh as she bit her bottom lip.

"By the way, why do you think Harry is not coming to school lately?" I asked to the girls hearing the water start pouring down in the other room.

"I have no idea..." Said Jo.

"He is weird, isn't he?" Said Hannah catching the attention from both of us. Hannah waited some seconds before she continued, as if deciding wether to tell or not.

"He gets all wasted in school days, loves attention but hides behind a camera often, he seems like the shittiest boyfriend ever but has this cute ass pictures of a girl in his Instagram"

"How do you know-"

"I heard Niall on the phone with him, not in the recess. I went to the restroom during the next period and Niall was loudly arguing with Harry on the phone, then I heard Niall saying he was drunk and asking where was he"

My breath petrified in my lungs and my forehead felt cold. Hannah had heard all those things and my mind could not find any explanation for it. Harry seemed cool, lovely, but there he was. Drunk in nobody knows where, having his friend take care of his remote and harming actions.

"Are you sure-" Tried Jo.

"Yes, yes, I'm very sure that Harry was the one at the other line. Niall said his name a few times"

"He hasn't replied to my messages" I added.

"I don't know, if you have lost his card he is probably going to kill you. But wouldn't he be missing it? Like he would have demanded it already" Said Hannah getting me anxious and relaxing me all in the same sentence. Hannah was more smart than she usually looked like.

"Yeah I guess" I said stretching my forehead, adding pressure to it as I felt my head relax.

A reflective silence got over us and I heard the water finish its flow in the bathroom.