eighteen

We were still laid on the roof, watching how the tiny light dots sparkled in the nighty sky. Those huge gas balls that made everyone wonder about their existence. I could see Harry's nose and how its sharp edge made him look like a Greek god. But the peace came to an end when something unexpected happened.

"Qué cojones estáis haciendo ahí!" Shouted the owner of the house. As you can imagine, very pissed off and waving a long stick trying to hit us. Kids, don't climb stranger's roofs. 

"Shit Harry, jump!" I shouted, too. 

"What?!" 

"Yes, you have strong calfs don't worry, is not that tall" I said hastily and very nervous. The calf thing was stupid to say but in that moment I thought it was a good way to convince Harry. Adrenaline was rushing through me while the old man kept complaining and yelling at us. 

Harry jumped from the side of the house and I did the same after him, my dress skirt flipping upwards, but I didn't mind at all. It wasn't exactly the thing that worried me the most in that moment. 

"Now run!" I yelled and pulled from his wrist.  

The man, that I surprisingly didn't know his name, tried to follow us but we run way faster and managed to escape. What did he expect? He was sixty five years old, at least.

"God..." Harry bursted in laughter between breaths after we reached a safe spot at the whole other side of the village. 

"He was trying to hit us with a stick! I told you this wasn't a good idea" I said. 

We were catching our breaths from the long race and chuckling at the stupid situation we had put ourselves in.

"Maia" Wow, I didn't think I had ever heard him saying my name yet, it felt good...

"Harry?" I said cleaning my blue dress, it was quite dirty from being on top of the roof. 

"I'm leaving tomorrow" My head instantly lifted towards him and I could see his eyes shine sadness with the little light of the night. 

"What?" 

"I know, I wish I could stay for a bit more" He said and I pouted. 

"Why didn't you tell me before" I asked.

I felt my arms heavy, was my summer with Harry ending this fast?

"I didn't know until today" He replied, his arms cooperating with his tone. A sad one.

I run to his arms and his scent invaded my nose. I heard his heartbeat and felt how his hands rubbed my back. 

"I will miss you" I confessed in honest words, tucked to him. 

"I will miss you too" He replied back and his head made a little move against mine caressing it.

We walked around the streets for some time and then decided to sit down in some stairs we found.

"Do you think you will come back next summer?"

"I have no idea, but I hope" Said Harry yawning and then using it to take advantage and surround me with his arm. Like the typical first movie date pick up action that appeared in every bad movie. 

"Really? That's the lamest thing you could've done Harry" I said rolling my eyes. He just chuckled and looked at me, I could sense it.

I was quite sad about the latest news. He was leaving tomorrow, but what could we do? I guess, just make the best of the time left.

"You wanna play some music?" I asked even though the party in the plaza was still playing loud music, faded by the distance.

"Sure" His English accent was so charming.