nine

I exchanged my swimming clothes for some dry ones and then went to the bakery so Harry could change his swimming trunks for other clothes as well. 
He got out from the short building where I was waiting leaned on the wall with some keys in his hands rattling against his leg. 

"What are those for?" I asked. 

"Gotta take a bicycle from the garage" 

"No, I already got you one while you were inside" I said stretching my arm and pointing to the wall, specifically to a yellow bicycle. 

"Oh, thanks" He hoped on the bike and waited for me to get on mine.

"Shall we?" I smiled. 

His reply was a strong push to his bike's pedal, I followed after him. If he wanted to explore, he guided then. 

We got out of the village and entered through an outgoing that the road had. I had tried that exit before in one of my plenty trips, not a bad choice for his exploration of the unknown Spanish territory. Unknown for him, but I wasn't going to ruin him the discover. 

However, as we kept riding our bikes my sense of orientation got lost and I had no idea where we were. We had changed our direction and distorted our way a lot compared to the last time I went there. 

"Harry... where the hell are you going?" I said when the path started to be too uncomfortable.

Spiky plants and ugly rocks at the sides of the small way. This one, marked by more bicycles prints.
After a while insisting we shouldn't get further in this direction, I convinced him and we returned our way back where the road started. 

We tried going another way, a more greenish and soft landscape than the harsh nature from before. 

"This is more promising" He said but I just didn't reply.

In this little road there was enough space for both of us, which made the way more entertaining. 
I was riding next to him, taking a look at his strong legs and calf muscles from time to time. Too frequently, to be honest.

The sky colored grey and the temperature decreased a bit, the humidity less annoying. At least, my armpits stopped sweating. The wind also started to blew stronger making my hair flow backwards and feel like I was riding a wild horse instead of an old bike. 

Rain was approaching, I knew it. My grandma had taught me the difference between just some angry clouds and a proper storm to be. 

"When the clouds overcome the cross in the Lightning Mountain by the west a strong storm is assured, and only if they come from the west" My granny made me understand that day. It felt like witchery, but it was true. It happened every single time, no failure, no exception. 

Even though I good knew rain was about to fall from that endless roof of us, I still hoped it didn't. And maybe with some luck, the weather payed attention to us.

Five minutes later thick water drops were nimbly falling from the grey sky, a massive storm. A typical Summer storm. We kept riding our bikes under the rain, looking for a place to hide. My hair already wet, just like Harry's tee that adjusted to his body shape.

"Look! There's a house" Said Harry pointing at the subject.
I narrowed my eyes to focus on the object he had his index pointing at. It was an old house, probably not inhabited.
Very neglected, you could see it from the distance. But, it had this vibe in it that assured me that it had been a beautiful home place in its best years.

"Let's enter into the house" He said with annoyed eyes given that the water falling on us was heavily and bothering our eyes.  

"Oh no Mr. Styles, I'm not placing a foot inside... that" I told him. The rain still watering us, leaving visible raindrops in my arms.