two

I woke up at ten, today I didn't feel like running and it was too late, the heat outside was a little too high for exercise by now. So I went downstairs.

"Morning everyone" I said as I watched them having breakfast in the outside table and sat next to my mom.
"Morning Maia, had a good night?" Asked my grandfather.
"Yeah, I missed this" I told them.
My grandma handed me a plate with some cucumber cut in slices. I picked one slice and while I ate it, I made myself a toast. I love cucumber (it's usually a weird thing to say out loud), my grandpa grows them in the garden and it's my daily snack to be honest.

"I think I'm gonna go to the river today" I told them before biting the delicious toast I had prepared with butter and jelly on top.

"Okay, but you have to help me to clean the house before you go" I rolled my eyes at the condition established by my mom. 

"Okaaaaay, but I'm not cleaning the spider webs" I'm terribly scared of them, I could clean anything else, but not the ceilings.

My mom looked at me with a resistive glance, but I knew she was not going to force me to clean that.
"What? is a spider gonna bite your hand off?" Said my dad mockingly.

"Aghjrkdkk" He explained embracing me from my back as he pretended to be a giant spider eating my body.

"Stop!" I started to chuckle and move weirdly by the tickles.

"And yes, it's going to bite my whole arm if necessary" I said taking a deep breath and giving another bite to the toast, rolling my eyes with a smile plastered on my face.

As my mom told me to, I helped her to clean the partly inhabited house. My dad was working on the vegetables garden with my grandpa. I heard them they were gonna water the tomatoes today, so I expected them to be late for lunch.
My grandma was the one who had gone to the bakery today, and she told us she had seen Trini's nephew.

"A handsome muchacho" those were her literal words and I didn't like the smirky glance she sent me at the same time the sentence escaped her mouth.
I was curious about how he would look, and more after what my granny had said. However, I couldn't trust my grandma's taste in men. Right?

Trini and my grandma had been best friends since they were my age. They met in a tailor shop where both of them used to work, and then became besties. I've always admired that after all those years, they still have the same cheerful and healthy relationship. Is quite unbelievable sometimes.

I had paella for lunch because it was Sunday and my grandparents always cook that on summer's Sundays. Traditions...

After lunch, the heat was so intense I stayed inside my room. Just like I did yesterday, and like I was planning on doing the rest of the summer.

The swimming pool was shouting my name at 5 pm, so after putting my bikini on and some sun cream to protect my almost ghosty skin I opened the pool. With some difficulties because it was a bit hard to uncover it without any help, but quickly dived into the fresh water once it was all done.

"Nice eh" Said my grandpa that was watching me with his arms placed on the black fence that surrounded the elevated territory in which the pool had been caved. This pool right here, the same one I use everyday was caved forty years ago by my grandparents, my mom and my uncles.

"Too nice" I said moving my body around the water. It's the best feeling from the whole summer, don't even fight me. The surface was very hot caused by the direct sun hitting on it, but my feet could feel the bottom ice cream cold.

"I gotta clean the pool tomorrow, help me?" He asked.

"Sure" I responded and then buried myself under the water, feeling how my hair got wet and bent in waves like a mermaid. Or at least, making me feel one.