twenty-five

"Do you want it?" Said Jo offering us her recess sandwich. A ham, cheese and mayo mix between two slices of toasted bread. Her mom cooked really good, she had a restaurant so obvious reason to have such good cooking skills even in the simplest sandwich. 

"You don't want it?" I asked frowning, I was usually hungry as hell at that time of the morning, it was strange she wasn't lion hungry like me. 

"I'm not feeling the best, period cramps" Said she handing me her wrapped sandwich that I gladly and lovely would eat and with her arm wrapped around her lower stomach. That made sense. 

The break was usually the calm part of the day. The time when I was able to talk to my girls without interruptions, laugh with them, share new music and forget about the busy classes and the noisy hallways. And of course, Harry. Or any other annoying factor, I mean.  

"I think I am in love" Suddenly claimed Hannah sighing and looking at her phone. 

"Again?" I asked grinning and unwrapping no longer Jo's sandwich. 

"Shut up. Look at him!" She stretched her arm desperately and showed me her mobile screen where a trending actor appeared. 

"A snack" I remarked taking a bite of the feast between my fingers. Sorry but food was the love of my life right now. 

"He has always been handsome, but he will get bold soon" Said Jo, always pointing out the most random and funny details, making me laugh. 

"Jo! Don't say that! He is perfect" Said the other girl with a disgusted face as if she had been offended with the most terrible insult. In fact, Jo was right the boy had big receding hairlines. But, with the money he made it was nothing that some hair implants couldn't fix. 

"Congrats Maia, you're in the third place" Congratulated Stacey, another girl,  passing next to the three of us. Stacey and I were good friends, we attended together to art class. The first day she was sat next to me and the assignment was to paint, or at least try to, our favorite singer. Surprisingly we ended painting the same guy without agreeing to, so that made us bond quite easily. 

"What is your favorite song of his?" I asked her that day, quite excited I had found another fan. Jo and Hannah, neither any of the boys were into that kind of style. A thing that sometimes annoyed me to the end of the world and back, we shared a lot of things but music taste was not one of them. 

"Probably Monkey Fetish but, Yellow Sarcasm is also a bop" Stacey responded to my very difficult question with some internet slang. 

"Agreed, Yellow Sarcasm has my whole respect" I smiled to her. 

"The power of music" Sighed Stacey focusing again on her painting in progress. 

"Cheers" I said and made our paintbrushes meet in a wooden sound as we toasted. 

"The third? What are you talking about?" I asked getting up from where I was sitting and finishing Jo's old sandwich entering the whole end in my mouth. I came closer to her and checked the screen on her phone. 

"I'm gonna kill him..." I hissed finishing the gulp of the sandwich and feeling how my fists clenched and my brow lifted.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I shouted after having been searching for him around the whole school facilities for over twenty minutes. He ended up being at The Roar for no apparent reason. I was sure he predicted that the last room I would look for him was that one, and that would take me more time, and that would make me even wilder angry.