twenty-seven

[maia's p.o.v.]

It was early in the morning and I knocked on Donna's door instead of ringing, just in case Missy was still sleeping. It was Saturday, it wasn't rare if the little girl still laid on her bed with pinky sheets and hugged to her teddy tiger.  Donna, dressed and ready to go, opened the door flashing me with a white smile made up of big teeth. 

"Hey girl! How are you doing?" She asked letting me enter as I hung my coat from the hanger that they had next to the door. 

"Good, thanks" I responded. 

"Great" She checked the time looking at her wrist. "I better go if I don't want to be late, I have to cover my mate's shift, that's why I need you to take care of Missy. She's still sleeping but, won't take too much to wake up" The mother said and I nodded. 

"You already know where everything is, if you wanna have breakfast serve yourself, please. And don't let Missy eat more Sneakers, she ate five yesterday" Donna said with angered expression probably picturing how her daughter had devastated the chocolate bars. 

"Five?!" I chuckled. 

"Yeah, five..." She repeated with a tone and moving around the living room checking she had everything she needed. 

"Oh my god, how is she not in the hospital?" I said amazed by the ability to eat sweets of the little Missy. 

"I don't even know, every day she surprises me more. Anyways, I'll go now. Call me if you need anything" She said while I followed her to the front door. 

"Okay, thanks Donna" I said. 

"Thanks to you" She replied hugging me as I wished her a good day at work. 

The house was silent and given that I had some free time now I took advantage to revise my phone gallery and deleted all those useless videos we had filmed yesterday at the party. I was still a bit moved and intrigued by Harry. Actually, I couldn't stop wondering what the hell happened to him. It was like a mental block of one of my novels, as much as I tried to imagine or suppose something nothing made sense and most of the things that had the audacity to cross my mind were the most ridiculous scenarios. 

I turned on the TV and made some cereals for myself while I watched a random show. A contest to win money by answering questions properly, if you failed, they let you fall by a whole on the ground. A great opportunity to not win anything and get embarrassed at the same time. It wasn't even entertaining but, I was mostly looking at my phone so...

"Maia!" Shouted a little voice that came running to the couch holding a teddy tiger. Missy in her unicorn pajama hugged me strongly, caressing my hair with her little hands. 

"How are you princess?" I said with this stupid voice everyone makes when they meet a little kid. 

"Very good" She responded. Her hair was a mess of brown curls and her feet were cold from stepping barefoot. 

"And how is Miss Stripes?" I said talking about the tigress. I know that the name suited better a zebra but, it was cute and I knew it was her favorite toy. 

"Pin pin pin" She said with her porcelain voice tickling me with the mouth of her tigress. I could feel my heart melting when she made the tiger answer by itself kissing my cheeks like that. 

"Let's put some socks, shall we? What do you want for breakfast?" I asked her taking her tiny body on my arms as she surrounded my hips with her legs. 

"Pan-aches" She said and I smiled to her. 

"Pancakes?" I asked entering her rainbow paradise bedroom and placing her softly on the bed. Missy nodded.