ten

His lips tasted even better than anything my granny could cook. Better than the most fresh fruit. Better than any England sky in its best blue.

"I think the storm has already gone" Said he looking at the ground and heading the door, just some seconds after we got our mouths away from each other. 

I followed him, we grabbed our bikes and headed the village.

The ride home was in complete silence, I looked over him with the corner of my eyes every time I could.
He was thoughtful, or at least it was what he looked like.
I didn't dare to speak a word, we just made our way back minding our thoughts. The only pronounced noises were the birds in the tall pines and the crickets that started its daily conversation at their usual noon time.

Our bikes slowly stoped when we reached the bakery, everything was so uncomfortable since our kiss. I regretted kissing him a second time however, he was the one who did the first move. The blame was divided.
It made me happy in a way, because that meant something, right? But it had turned everything so silent and awkward that it felt even disappointing. 

He was about to enter his home and I squeezed my brain trying to find something to say before he closed the door. 

"Harry, do you want to have another walk tonight?" I asked remembering last night. 

He looked at me surprised, kept his silence for some moments and then nodded.
"Sure" He softly smiled and then the front door of the famous bakery shut.

I wafter that, the uncomfortable silence seemed logic. I don't kiss the boy I like inside an old house while we wait for a storm to quit everyday. 

On my way home I started thinking about it with less pressure and without the risk of somebody reading my mind. Why had it felt so good? It was just a simple kiss... two simple kisses, correcting myself. It was quite surreal, like taken out from a romantic novel or movie. 

I guess that's how summer works...

***

"Bye mom!" I shouted and closed the door of the porch.

I went to the park, where I thought we would meet just like the night before.
He was there swinging with his phone in hand. I wondered if that's how I looked yesterday given that he was in the same exact position than how I had been just 24 hours earlier.